• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Spark

Global Moderator
First Test squads are up, SA ODIs are done, time to roll.

---

Mon Nov 24 - Tue Nov 25
00:00 GMT | 10:30 local
Cricket Australia XI v Indians
Gliderol Stadium, Adelaide

Fri Nov 28 - Sat Nov 29
Cricket Australia XI v Indians
Adelaide Oval

Thu Dec 4 - Mon Dec 8
00:00 GMT | 10:00 local
1st Test - Australia v India
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane

Fri Dec 12 - Tue Dec 16
2nd Test - Australia v India
Adelaide Oval

Fri Dec 26 - Tue Dec 30
23:30 GMT (prev day) | 10:30 local
3rd Test - Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sat Jan 3 - Wed Jan 7
23:30 GMT (prev day) | 10:30 local
4th Test - Australia v India
Sydney Cricket Ground

---

India: MS Dhoni (capt), Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, M Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Wriddhiman Saha, Naman Ojha*, R Ashwin, Karn Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron

Australia (1st Test): Chris Rogers, David Warner, Shane Watson, Michael Clarke (capt), Steven Smith, Mitchell Marsh, Brad Haddin (vice-capt, wk), Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.

adub

International Captain
No surprises in the Aussie squad. Still think Siddle will hang on, but would prefer a Haze debut.

Jakester1288

International Regular
So it's between Siddle and Hazlewood for the 3rd quick spot and otherwise we know what team we're going for? Are we able to bring someone else into the squad if Clarke isn't up for it?

Justo

U19 Debutant
This article on cricinfo suggests that Harris will likely be 12th man for the first Test (similar to the first Ashes Test in England last year) and called up for the second Test.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it's not a world cup - they can do whatever they want with regards to their squad.

adub

International Captain
This article on cricinfo suggests that Harris will likely be 12th man for the first Test (similar to the first Ashes Test in England last year) and called up for the second Test.
It's an interesting thought, reckon he'll play Brisbane though if he comes through the Shield game ok. They might assess after that if sitting out Adelaide (especially if the pitch is newly paved bitumen) is prudent, but I reckon they'll want to smash India in the first test and you don't plan on doing that and leaving your best bowler out (yes MJ despite the past 12 months you're still only no.2 when Rhino is in the side).

Spark

Global Moderator
It'll look weird as hell if he gets through two Shield games fine just for him to be rested for a Test match.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** I hope that Dhawan **** leaves here battered, bruised and broken.

Rahane and Kohli to score decent runs, Pujara too. Looking forward to seeing them play.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Rahane should score but he could also make a ****load of people mad by getting caught several times at deep square/deep fine.

smash84

The Tiger King
Looking forward to this contest. India have a decent batting line up and it would be nice to see them being tested by Mitchell Johnson.

Burgey

Rahane should score but he could also make a ****load of people mad by getting caught several times at deep square/deep fine.
I think it's fair to say he will be given ample opportunity to work on that part of his game.

Burgey

I presume given his last few months that Ishant Sharma is a lock for one pace bowling spot. Who else is likely to play? Nostrils Yadav went pretty well when he was here last time. I dunno how Shami and Kumar will go here. If it doesn't swing I could see Kumar being emotionally eviscerated by the tour's end.