• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember you used to have the same animosity towards Gambhir. Some thing about left handed Delhi openers.
Both of them have a crappy back foot game. dhawan will be battered and bruised if he doesn't make some serious adjustments. It's bad enough having him in the team against Mitch, but we're going to pick Raina too :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
Binny's bowling offers little value on Aus pitches (He's a slower Bhuvi basically), and his batting isn't goood enough to bat at 6 (given india's batting stocks). I don't get what you see in him.

Daemon

Prepared to make a bet on this ftr. I lose my avatar if India win without Binny or lose with him.
Willing to bet Australia win the series without the services of Bradman. Will put my avatar, location and signature on the line.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Binny is an option which can be considered for ODI cricket but not test cricket, not immediately at least. A bit green. I do like that he is a competitor and an athlete.

Spikey

seriously though, who came up with the idea of flying clarke across the country to play in a 2 day game when he could have just played the grade game.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Another disastrous tour in the making for India to kill all the confidence before the World Cup, 4 -0 Aussies!!!

dermo

International Vice-Captain
seriously though since when is batting and not fielding for one day in a grade game five days out from day one of a test "proving your fitness"

Top_Cat

seriously though since when is batting and not fielding for one day in a grade game five days out from day one of a test "proving your fitness"
Yeah and reading between the lines, I reckon Clarke is worried the selectors aren't going to pick him even if he does play.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Quick question...

How does Dohni rule himself out of the Gabba Test so far out (at least three weeks ago) but declare with certainty that he will play in Adelaide which is only four days later

Does he have a prior committment (conspiracy theory 1) or...wait for it...does he lack the ticker to front at Fortress Gabba...where the ball is around your nostrils and the natives are feral
He's taking a decent break before the long tour ending in February-March with the World Cup.

adub

International Captain
Yeah and reading between the lines, I reckon Clarke is worried the selectors aren't going to pick him even if he does play.
and as much as I love Clarke I can't blame them. If he can't play this week's Shield game he really should be aiming for Adelaide.

Riggins

International Captain
I'm firmly in the camp that he shouldn't even have to play a game. If he comes up to me and says he's good to go, he's playing.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just cut losses and dump Clarke and his old man back in a wheel chair and throw him in Shady Acres. The old dog needs to be put down.

Throw Shane "Cancer" Fatson, the vegan and Baddin in the retirement home as well and we're good to go.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This Clarke mixed messages fiasco has been as shambolic as it gets. Pull your head in Cricket Australia.