• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Furball

Evil Scotsman
um, you don't? because the trajectory from after the ball bounces is treated as entirely independent of the trajectory before it bounces? i don't give a **** if it came from mars, all i need once it hits the pad is its position and momentum (which i can easily derive from the previous few frames so long it hasn't yorked him) i can do the rest from there
Nah mate you need to consider the forcefield around the stumps that sends the ball into orbit.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jesse Hogan @Jesse_Hogan
"I've got no bruises on me. I use my bat." @r_harris413 (to @abcgrandstand) on the "bad nets" India grumbling about. He also used them today

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Jesse Hogan @Jesse_Hogan
"I've got no bruises on me. I use my bat." @r_harris413 (to @abcgrandstand) on the "bad nets" India grumbling about. He also used them today
Pujara, Rahane, Rohit, Dhoni didn't get any bruises too.

That's a stupid point

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Controversy

Full statement from the Indian camp: "Indian team has been asking for the fresh net practice wickets several times for last two days which were not been provided. In stead of that, they have asked to practice on worn out wickets which has uneven bounce. Because of that two of our batsmen got injured today morning, one of the two batsmen Shikhar Dhawan had a right wrist injury. He was unable to bat in the morning. He is been examined by our physio and will assess his fitness in some time."
Maybe Dhawan should learn how to bat when the ball bounces above his knees.

Antihippy

International Debutant
How many LBW's in this game so far ?

Can you elaborate the reason for it ? Thanx.
There's been a few bowleds, if your criteria is that the ball must hit the stumps. Quite a few chop ons, but there is one by ishant sharma to mitch marsh who fits the Hazelwood style. Tall, quick but not express.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jesse Hogan @Jesse_Hogan
If you play Russian roulette, it's likely five out of six people won't be dead.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
um, you don't? because the trajectory from after the ball bounces is treated as entirely independent of the trajectory before it bounces? i don't give a **** if it came from mars, all i need once it hits the pad is its position and momentum (which i can easily derive from the previous few frames so long it hasn't yorked him) i can do the rest from there
Firstly, if you are saying the trajectory is treated differently them would love for you to predict reverse swing and spin.

You do realize that makers of this devices admit themselves that Hawkeye isn't a exact science due to limitations of data that can be collected by cameras so quickly.

https://cricketique.wordpress.com/2...roversy-an-explanation-of-the-2-5-meter-rule/

Good explanation. Will post more later.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is the first time I've heard of substandard practice facilities in Australia. **** happens sometimes. Unless it becomes a recurring theme, you just have to deal with it.