• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Just checked up Yadav's record. I was definitely overrating Shami off memory. The problem here is Aaron, because he hasn't shown any real wicket taking yet in Test cricket. Having both him and the already erratic Yadav in the same attack is poor balance IMO.
Aaron is being played purely on potential, personally even though he can be really expensive and erratic, I'd take the gamble on a tour like this and a pitch like the Gabba, he's not someone I expect to go to domestic cricket and have a great season and pick up a bucketload of wkts and then come back into the team. So the only way to develop him is to throw him in there and see how he goes. He's shown glimpses of troubling batsmen but not nearly consistent enough yet to make an impact. Also Yadav being erratic is partly influenced by his ODI record. In tests he strikes @ 46 which is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
India in a good position batting first.. Ashwin will bowl last if they get there.. they get best use of the wicket.. Aus have an inexperienced attack aside from Mitch and Lyon, missing Clarke etc etc.. They also picked the right team.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
3 over opening spell from Johnson and then 2 newcomers in tandem - I don't agree with that move. Johnson had to bowl at least 4, and preferably 5.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder whether the Gabbatoir factor will be slightly dented by the fact it isn't the first test of a series and the Indian players aren't coming in cold?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Pretty suss I think. CA still doing rotation I'm guessing. They got such bad publicity when they admitted to the policy but still believe its the way to manage workloads. What to do with a policy you think is right but get hammered if you admit to it? Invent convenient knocks I guess.

Mind you I support rotation and the way our fast bowlers have gone down demanded some kind of action. So I can understand why they are making things up if they are still maintaining rotation.
Except this has Rhino missing his home test. Makes me think that 1 of Haze and Starc will miss Boxing day but then play Sydney when Rhino gets rested again.

viriya

International Captain
Not sure why no ones mentioning it, but Hazlewood's action looks exactly like McGrath's.. let's see if he has the same control - was impressive in some ODIs he played.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not sure why no ones mentioning it, but Hazlewood's action looks exactly like McGrath's.. let's see if he has the same control - was impressive in some ODIs he played.
Doesn't look that much like McGrath's tbh, unless you think every tall right-arm medium with a simple action looks like McGrath's.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I tune in and Slats is banging on about the brothers playing their debut test together. How many times is that going to get said? At least once an hour.

Smarsh already has 10 tests. Disgrace.

Spark

Global Moderator
Starc "just putting it there" at 143kph apparently
That's the weird thing about Starc though. You'll watch him sort of just floating it up then look at the speed gun and go "...really?"

Smith most definitely a student of the Clarke school of bowling changes it seems.