• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spark

Global Moderator
This is the fastest hundred by a Test opener, isn't it? None of the quicker ones were made opening were they?

That's what makes it special IMO. It's one thing to come in at 300/5 and tea of, but this...
Yep. On a somewhat spicy deck no less.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Such an amazing innings. Warner has played in two of the more impressive centuries I have ever seen. Hobart was such a measured innings, one player seeking victory. Perth is the sort of innings you expect from a Gilchrist/Richards/Gayle.

Not bad for a player in his 5th Test.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Posted this on Burgey's fb - but this reminds me of the (before I was born) time when Zaheer Abbas ended the spin quartet in Pakistan - that was the end of an important era in Indian cricket. Australia have ended another era here. It was a fun ride.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is the fastest hundred by a Test opener, isn't it? None of the quicker ones were made opening were they?

That's what makes it special IMO. It's one thing to come in at 300/5 and tea of, but this...
It is, but Chanderpaul's was made going against the grain iirc.

uvelocity

International Coach
Is this the first ever second innings hundred on the first day?

Does anyone know a way to check?
I would doubt it, surely a team has been rolled early.

Would think it's the first time within the final session on the first day though.

As mentioned, by an opener - so special.

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Looks like Indian players have taken the word "Tourists" literally... After each test match, they've had at least a day or two extra for tourism. What a complete disgrace !!!