• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin doesn't shake clarke's hand. the gnome is obviously still bitter over sydney. what a ****.
Yep. Was obvious by the way he abused the crowd after taking that catch. The ICC must step in there. They fined Kohli. This bloke should know better. Hie's 64 years old ffs.

Edit: Don't call him "Sachin". ****s me no end. His name's Tendulkar, unless you want to start calling every other bastard by their first name too.

Can it, ****.

Last edited:

Spikey

i'll call people by whatever name i want Cameron you ****. Sachin is much easier to spell than tendaidujasdfkwfo[kje 4i-9tu

Burgey

i'll call people by whatever name i want Cameron you ****. Sachin is much easier to spell than tendaidujasdfkwfo[kje 4i-9tu
You should try and improve yourself, ****. Work on your spelling. Nev would.

Think about it.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be a bit hollow for Tendulkar to get his 100th 100 here, but I think everyone's waited long enough.
The series is lost, this match is gone, the chance to actually influence the outcome of anything meaningful is over. This has a Tendulkar ton written all over it. :ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Meh tbh. The main reason I don't do it with others is because you don't actually know who's being referred to - ie. Michael could be Hussey or Clarke in most contexts. But I do call Ponting "Ricky" quite a bit.

Spikey

Of course it's worth noting Sachin is pretty much Sachin's nickname. I mean Tendy is hardly an option.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Indians or even Pakistani's refer to sportsman more with their first names usually, than other countries in anycase. Probably a mixture of the surnames being common/too long/ and culturally using the first name more.

There are many players for whom the first name is used more (VVS, Sachin, Ishant, Zaheer, Misbah etc....) and some for whom the second is used more (Dravid, Akmal, Kumble, Ganguly etc....) . Whatever sticks....

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah exactly. So long as everyone knows who you're referring to I fail to see the issue. I mean, ****, I could type out Tendulkar every time instead of Sachin but the former is actually a little awkward to type.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I understand it's a cultural thing. In some countries, people get offended if unknown people call them by their first name. In India, we don't..