• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would say Tendulkar is about the only player whom I would call by their first name. Would opt for Sach rather than Sachin though. But that's only because the name Sachin is pretty much synonmous with the name Tendulkar. It is to me anyway. I only know of one Sachin, much like only know of one Adolf.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if Tendulkar actually had a good nickname of similar length to Sachin it'd all be good (sach? **** off) but like Monty Panesar there isn't, so I'll call Sachin Sachin and Monty Monty and if you don't like it come up with a good nickname

Daemon

if Tendulkar actually had a good nickname of similar length to Sachin it'd all be good (sach? **** off) but like Monty Panesar there isn't, so I'll call Sachin Sachin and Monty Monty and if you don't like it come up with a good nickname
"oooh well bowled Mudhsuden well bowled lad!"

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woah, settle down kiddies. Enjoy the cricket instead of being angry with each other. Only last year we were on the receiving end of this kind of thrashing. I'm celebrating the utter pounding we're handing out here to the #2 ranked side. Especially after the Hobart debacle. And last summer.

Anyway, tomorrow's the day for Sachin Tendulkar to make his hundredth hundred, if he wants it enough. There's nothing in the pitch, it's day 3 on Adelaide and there's no Glenn McGrath in the attack to get him out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Random aside: I picked up Behind The Shades, the Duncan Fletcher autobiography, the other day for a couple of quid (and a marvellously sustained epic of score-settling and barely restrained bitterness it is too) and in it he says something to the effect of he takes great pride in having changed the performance of every team he's coached.

Keeping up that record with his latest charges too. :cool:

Burgey

Take exception to the assertion that India arrived as warm favourites.
Oh I don't. At the end of last summer, keep in mind CA said they were focusing in the next Ashes and there was a lot of talk how we had SL, SA then India and we may not win a test. That's how bad things were.

When England put the cleaners through India, it didn't surprise me because I thought their bowlers at home would be irresistible. But given the disparity between England's bowlers and ours of last summer, that didn't mean I thought Australia would do the same.

Besides, the top three for us is far from settled. Watson must come back, likely for Marsh, but Cowan has looked ok without kicking on and It's early days for Bull Warner.

I really thought if India didn't win here this time they never would. Sure the pitches have mostly had something in them but that cuts both ways. Aside from Zaheer and at times Nostrils Yadav, India has been thoroughly incapable of exploiting it.

Happy days.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oh I don't. At the end of last summer, keep in mind CA said they were focusing in the next Ashes and there was a lot of talk how we had SL, SA then India and we may not win a test. That's how bad things were.

When England put the cleaners through India, it didn't surprise me because I thought their bowlers at home would be irresistible. But given the disparity between England's bowlers and ours of last summer, that didn't mean I thought Australia would do the same.

Besides, the top three for us is far from settled. Watson must come back, likely for Marsh, but Cowan has looked ok without kicking on and It's early days for Bull Warner.

I really thought if India didn't win here this time they never would. Sure the pitches have mostly had something in them but that cuts both ways. Aside from Zaheer and strikes Yadav, India has been thoroughly incapable of exploiting it.

Happy days.
See, I've always been of the opinion that Australia's bowling attack was much better than they were made to look in the last Ashes. Didn't quite think Hilfenhaus had it in him to perform at the level he did this series, but Harris when fit is solid, and I've always kind of like Peter Siddle. Then you look at how the likes of Pattinson and Cummins performed when they got a chance...the last Ashes series was an enormous abberation in terms of Australia's bowling performance.

Things might have looked bleak this time last year or even 6 months ago, and to be honest I thought Australia's batting would cost them a Test in this series, but there were a lot of positives to take in how Australia's bowling had performed as a unit in the 3 series between the Ashes and Border-Gavaskar series. I also felt this time last year that India had plenty of questions to answer about their own team going forward and Dravid excepted, India failed that test miserably in England.