• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A General Discussion

Spark

Global Moderator
Ah that's good to see in a way. The C-H has actually been a really good, competitive series almost every time it's been played so it's a "tradition" that I'm all for keeping alive.

pup11

International Coach
Ah that's good to see in a way. The C-H has actually been a really good, competitive series almost every time it's been played so it's a "tradition" that I'm all for keeping alive.
Really..!? I mean CH series has been a good one but certainly don't think worldcup is the stage to be competing for that.

New Zealand are slated come over to Australia later this year so they could have easily booked an ODI game then to compete for the CH trophy.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well that'll be next year's trophy then. The idea is to hold it every year, and I think it's fair enough. They have an opportunity to hand it out this year, why not take it?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I am really upset about Kenya so far this world cup. Not via we had much hope of pushing New Zealand or Pakistan, but a NRR of near -10 after only two games. Vindicating this theory I have had, since the World Cricket League, that this is the weakest Kenya team to play international cricket since 1990 at least.

BeeGee

International Captain
NZ-Aus later this week will be a poignant match up.
I'm very much looking forward to this match.
Australia are favorites (obviously), but the form of both teams in the warm-ups and tournament so far has been mixed.

Funnily enough, both teams have lost the games played against Test playing nations, but won the games against non-Test playing nations.
The weaknesses of both teams are like a mirror image. Australia are weak in their spin bowling and middle order. NZ are weak in their seam bowling and top order.

Let's hope it's a good close match.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's all there, isn't it? World Cup, playing us, galvanisation in the face of disaster at home...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. And as much as I want Australia to win, I really won't begrudge NZ at this time at all. Anything that might give people there a lift atm.

Blaze 18

Banned
With three wins in three games, Pakistan are the first team from either group to qualify for the quarters. Three spots left in Group A now.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
And those three spots will be occupied by Australia,NZ and Srilanka.The group seems kind of dead TBH.Group B on the other hand,is turning out to be seriously exciting.

Howe_zat

Audio File
With it looking increasingly unlikely that Canada or Kenya will win a game, Australia are basically through. Sri Lanka and New Zealand simply have to beat Zimbabwe, who have to beat one of those two or Pakistan. So we're looking at three matches worth watching in terms of progression.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Zimbabwe v Pakistan could be important. It's one of the later games in the group and Pakistan will have already qualified.

If Zimbabwe get up it could be bad for NZ or SL, even if they both beat Zimbabwe themselves. It would be a net-run-rate decision, though I guess you'd expect Zimbabwe to probably have the inferior net run rate.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well with New Zealand giving Zimbabwe a hammering we can more or less put this group to bed. Even if Zimbabwe manage a win over Pakistan, their NRR is taking a belting.

Having only beaten the minnows, the only exciting thing that can happen in this group now is a hilarious failure for Sri Lanka.

C'mon guys, do it for the Cup.

Woodster

International Captain
Pretty sure sides will still want to finish in the top two of Group A to avoid a potential quarter-final against India or South Africa.

BeeGee

International Captain
Pretty sure sides will still want to finish in the top two of Group A to avoid a potential quarter-final against India or South Africa.
I hope NZ faces South Africa in the quarter-finals. It'll be choke time, baby. :cool:

Flem274*

123/5
NZ vs SA quarterfinal would be the funniest match ever. At least in the really badly fixed Pakistan games at least one team is trying to win.:ph34r: