• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

loterry1994

International Debutant
I think he'll play because we could be short on numbers.

Broad has played every test this summer, Woakes has a knock and Wood is always doubtful for back to back tests.

If Robinson is fit, I think we'll play him, Tongue and Jimmy.
Nah think Wood and Woakes should definitely be in they played test 3 then had a 9 day break. Then played this test barely bowled the last innings. They’ve been the main difference makers in the bowling. If they don’t come in this series could be 3-0

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Nah think Wood and Woakes should definitely be in they played test 3 then had a 9 day break. Then played this test barely bowled the last innings. They’ve been the main difference makers in the bowling. If they don’t come in this series could be 3-0
Maybe but time will tell.

If Woakes has a knock he won't play and why risk Wood in what is a semi meaningless test.

Gob

International Coach
Not average,however will be cursing until 2025 about not winning at Edgbaston and just chasing short ball when 188-1 at Lord's.
188 for 1 is nothing but a decent position when you are replying for an score excess of 400. I have seen numerous times how teams got to similar positions and lost there way. Australia must have been 190 for 2 or something Cardiff 2015 replying to England's 400 plus score and lost there way and I'm sure there are many it happens. Australia had England 4 for 40 chasing 370 and it only got close because they dropped a sitter of Stokes.

Australia had England 140 for 7 when they were 120 behind in the first innings at Headingly and 80 needed of last four wickets and several other strong positions. They threw that game away as much as England threw away Edgbaston

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
188 for 1 is nothing but a decent position when you are replying for an score excess of 400. I have seen numerous times how teams got to similar positions and lost there way. Australia must have been 190 for 2 or something Cardiff 2015 replying to England's 400 plus score and lost there way and I'm sure there are many it happens. Australia had England 4 for 40 chasing 370 and it only got close because they dropped a sitter of Stokes.

Australia had England 140 for 7 when they were 120 behind in the first innings at Headingly and 80 needed of last four wickets and several other strong positions. They threw that game away as much as England threw away Edgbaston
Unfortunately it showed up that this team hadn't got the intensity required across the series. Maybe it will give them a much needed kick up the arse for 2025,however bowling options for down under look very sparse indeed

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unfortunately it showed up that this team hadn't got the intensity required across the series. Maybe it will give them a much needed kick up the arse for 2025,however bowling options for down under look very sparse indeed
I think they’re better than you’ve had in a while. Would think Broad will be done by then - he’ll be missed for sure, but you’re better off without Anderson here anyway. Wood bowled well here last time and will hopefully still be around. Tongue looks a prospect, and just bring two other blokes who bowl heat.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Glenn McGrath said Australia were not saved by the rain, the rain was expected and Australia played accordingly and got the result they wanted.

cover drive man

International Captain
Kind of sums up the mood of the country when one of the most compelling Ashes series of my lifetime turns into one of the most underwhelming of all time because of 2 days mild rain.

Also, why waste a good 45 minutes of potential wicket taking to give Bairstow a meaningless confidence boost?

slippy888

International Captain
Kind of sums up the mood of the country when one of the most compelling Ashes series of my lifetime turns into one of the most underwhelming of all time because of 2 days mild rain.

Also, why waste a good 45 minutes of potential wicket taking to give Bairstow a meaningless confidence boost?

you cant blame bairstow for this one