• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

ashley bach

International Captain
The sad truth for English fans is that they may have won this series if Jimmy hadn't played at all.
At the end of the day the only test they've won is the only time he didn't play.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The sad truth for English fans is that they may have won this series if Jimmy hadn't played at all.
At the end of the day the only test they've won is the only time he didn't play.
The reverse 05 McGrath.

What a stink night of UK-based sport. Worst Open Championship golf in memory, then this.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I always feel the momentum is entirely on the end result

Perfectly fine to feel otherwise
In terms of goals, England still has plenty to play for...if they draw the series, they will extend the Aussie drought over there for another couple of years, avoid the 1st series loss in the Bazball era etc...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yes outside of Anderson, pretty much everyone on their side has had their moments in this series...he may still come good at the Oval...

loterry1994

International Debutant
Yes outside of Anderson, pretty much everyone on their side has had their moments in this series...he may still come good at the Oval...
They need tongue in his not fast as wood but pace has worried the aussies. Jimmy’s played like 3 matches and he hasn’t done much what’s going to make it different when they’ll probably have another flat pitch the last test

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
They need tongue in his not fast as wood but pace has worried the aussies. Jimmy’s played like 3 matches and he hasn’t done much what’s going to make it different when they’ll probably have another flat pitch the last test
Maybe in 2027 this last test will mean something again because last two series here has been absolute dead rubber

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The reverse 05 McGrath.

What a stink night of UK-based sport. Worst Open Championship golf in memory, then this.
Why was it the worst? Because no UK player in the top 5? For me, it was a good finish, a US player won and an Indian finished in the top 10 for the 1st time in majors (with a bogey-free Sunday no less)...:)

Last edited:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I certainly wouldn't play him, despite the fact he bowled quite well in this test.
I think he'll play because we could be short on numbers.

Broad has played every test this summer, Woakes has a knock and Wood is always doubtful for back to back tests.

If Robinson is fit, I think we'll play him, Tongue and Jimmy.