• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And they probably played and missed at least a dozen times in those innings

If Warner had been not good enough to nick the one he got today you never know, he could have repeated his Hobart innings. You can't underestimate the value of luck.

Aus still haven't played and missed once, and have had 6 slip catches. That will be a record, I guarantee you. Crazily bad luck.

We do suck though
Or, the pitch just isn't moving enough to beat the edge but just enough to take it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should have said "some crims" in my post really, know most on here will enough cricket nous to know it's a decent bowling pitch, but it's nowhere near a 29-6 pitch if you apply yourself with proper technique and temperament.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey guys, just got off a conference call at work and thought I'd check in. I'm assuming we've seen the new ball off safely enough, right?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Should have said "some crims" in my post really, know most on here will enough cricket nous to know it's a decent bowling pitch, but it's nowhere near a 29-6 pitch if you apply yourself with proper technique and temperament.
MJ is proving it. Solid.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson showing how it's done. Unless the ball's hitting the stumps or is a leg-stump half-volley/long-hop leave the thing alone.

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah you'd be disappointed batting first for sure, but you'd still back yourself not to lose 4 in the session. You're allowed to leave the ball ffs, 3-50 would be fine.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is so sad that people are rightfully talking up Mitch Johnson's performance over the top 6 and he is on 1 not out.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I knew Aussie batting has some serious issues. But I must admit that I could never imagine 29/6 against an Anderson-less England attack.