• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So so dreamy a day for England. Trying to recall a more dominant 1st day in recent years and the only one that springs to mind is SA in 2013, bowling NZ out for 45 and finishing up 252/3 at stumps.

Howe_zat

Audio File
On my QANTAS flight from Melbourne to Wellington there was a 'sport' section on the in flight entertainment. In an impressively pisstaking move the only thing available was a replay of the 2015 wc final.

I don't think they will be adding today to the roster

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So so dreamy a day for England. Trying to recall a more dominant 1st day in recent years and the only one that springs to mind is SA in 2013, bowling NZ out for 45 and finishing up 252/3 at stumps.
Melbourne when Aussies were 98 and we were 157-0

Niall

International Coach
His primary job is to keep wickets which he was absolutely terrible at. I think his terrible keeping cost us more than his batting helped us.
Did he make any hugely costly errors either series with the gloves though?

I can't remember any although I will admit my memory is the absolute pits at the best of the time!:)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This day has read a bit like something GIMP says "jokingly" at the start of play. "we'll bowl them out before lunch and Root will score a ton and we'll be over 200 ahead".

Actually his prediction "we'll be batting by tea" was extremely conservative in reality, less of a cheerleader, more of a pessimist, will call him WPGIMP from now on.

Root doubles the Oz score.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Boy AB looks ready to murder someone. Get him in that dressing room. Boys need a good old fashioned dummy spit.

Dazinho

School Boy/Girl Captain
Reminded me a lot of the first day of the 1997 Ashes, when Australia were 55-8 or something like that before Warne got them up to 100.

Then Thorpe and Hussain stayed in for about a day and a half.

Amazing thing about the Australian innings was 8-9 of the dismissals were to genuinely good balls (some perhaps could have been played better but still they were good balls) and the catching was phenomenal.

Makes you realise how much impact dropping one at 10-2 might have had, in terms of the psychology of both teams. England had a habit of dropping catches against Australia at key times - and being ruthlessly punished for them.

Thinking of 97 again - the what if of the Mike Smith drop...