• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

howardj

International Coach
Hopefully it's been noted, for all the younger Aussie bowlers, that they need overs under their belt in order to be at their best. They splutter out of the garage, but purr once they're on the highway.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm very glad I stayed up for Johnson's magic spell last night. It really was something special. Reminded me of the WACA spell in how he simply looked unplayable. The guy has a happy knack for being able to run through batting lineups. I'm very glad he was not dropped after two poor tests.

I absolutely loved the way he set up Collingwood for the LBW, was an absolutely masterful display of fast bowling. Also love the way he set up Prior and would have had him if it wasn't for the dropped catch. His bouncers were also vicious as well. He truly is something special.

Son Of Coco

Bell, Bopara and Broad have to go.
Broad won't go after taking 6 for in this match.

England have got themselves in a pickle though. What to do now these guys have failed? Throw in two new guys in a must win match or stick with them and hope they do something good?

pasag

RTDAS
It wasn't a terrible decision, hard to pick up the inside edge. If Bopara wanted to complain about it he should have hit it harder :ph34r:

Disappointed I went to bed early now, and great to see Johnson bowling well to pick up 3. Really happy he has got some form back.
Hate to be a **** and say I told you so, but.........:cool:

Still not there yet, tbf.

Son Of Coco

Hate to be a **** and say I told you so, but.........:cool:

Still not there yet, tbf.
:laugh:

I was never against Johnson being in the team if he was bowling well. It could be argued that he's a big contributor in us being 1 down up until this point though and it took the best part of 3 tests for him to get there.

Happy for him to be in the team, taking wickets and looking much better now though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Loved the cricket last night!!

I dozed up after Australia's innings had finished and woke up with England 52/0. Enjoyed the rest of the day, just wish North took that catch off the last ball, ah well.

pup11

International Coach
I know its a bit too early, but still, I was very impressed to see the bowling partnership of both Hilfy and Mitch, I think these two complement each other very well, and as a bowling combination they showed glimpses of what they are capable of, in that morning session at Edgbaston on day 4, but here with Mitch too coming into his own, and Hilfy bowling as well as he has right through this series, it was no surprise that yesterday they were all over the English batting line-up.

Redbacks

International Captain
Yeah I was listening to Matty a fair bit as well, man is very good behind the mike.
His story of how he rang up T Hohns and asked to go to the spin camp in India at his own expense is a lesson in being proactive if there ever was one. What a huge effect that trip may have played in his career and therefore the last decade of Australian test cricket.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, thought that myself. But pointless commenting on it, imo. Damned if he does, and damned if he doesnt.

Probably needs to cut his hair, grow a beard, and get some tattoos to get anywhere on CW.
I don't think it's like that at all. He did well initially when he removed 2 but overall he wasn't that brilliant and the figures flatter him a lot as he rounded up the rest when the match was pretty much over. Better than the other bowlers though, who were crap to say the least (apart from Onions IMO who was pretty controlled).

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

TBF to Ramps he averages over 42 v Oz.

Rauf blind & deaf then, clearly. Called the edge in real time & there was def two noises. If he can't be sure the noise wasn't an edge, doubt to batsman.
I presume we're talking about the same incident!? Describing the player in question as a 'batsman' threw me a bit :happy:

It is possible he heard two noises but thought Bopara had embarrassed himself enough already this series. Or that a let off wouldn't benefit him or England in any way whatsoever. You guys should be thankful. He may have just prevented Ravi from playing in the last test.

I think it's fairly obvious he was sure he knew what had happened and therefore gave him out. Replays show he was wrong.