• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I had a dream last night that Doherty and Wade were playing for England and for some reason George Bailey was sent out to open because Doherty was opening the bowling.

First or second ball Bailey danced down the wicket to try and play one through mid wicket and the ball skidded on, passing leg stump where Wade didn't grab it cleanly and it went for byes. Bailey ended up reaching 50.

howardj

International Coach
It's so pure, the 1st day of the 1st Test of an Ashes series

It's just so pure and sacred

Can not wait

adub

International Captain
Does anyone seriously disagree with what Pietersen said about Brisbane? Finally a Pom gets something right.

A subtropical Minto.
Minto's been redeveloped. Brick houses and some Indian people. Much more cosmopolitan than Brisbane.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Minto's been redeveloped. Brick houses and some Indian people. Much more cosmopolitan than Brisbane.
Brick veneer and immigrants describes most of Sydney

So if Minto = Sydney and Minto = Brisbane then Brisbane = Sydney but with much better weather

Thanks for clearing that up

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia to win this Ashes series! keen as for it to start tomorrow!!!!

But before it begins I just have a few questions..

1. Mitchell Johnson's Return to Test Matches
How does everyone thing he'll go on his test return? Comment answers

2.George Bailey or Shaun Marsh? Who should be at number 6 for Australia?

3.Michael Carberry & Alastair Cook vs Dave Warner and Chris Rogers Who is the better opening partnership?
Yesssssss

howardj

International Coach
Selecting Bailey breaks one of the key tenants of my selection philosophy - don't pick 30+ year old debutants who have a middling FC average

I would rather had Doolan in the team

However, at least Bailey's confidence is up after his stellar ODI form, and he's not being pitch-forked into the hotseat of first drop (unlike some other guys in recent years)

And, of course, he's just a great bloke from all reports

the big bambino

International Captain
Just can't see it happening for George. I'd have Cameron White ahead of him as he's made some decent FC runs this year and is batting at 4 for Vic I think. Imo thats were our selection question is as 5 and 6 are settled in bambino world with Clarke and Smith.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
jesus, Cameron White for test cricket. That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel, isn't it?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Selecting Bailey breaks one of the key tenants of my selection philosophy - don't pick 30+ year old debutants who have a middling FC average

I would rather had Doolan in the team

However, at least Bailey's confidence is up after his stellar ODI form, and he's not being pitch-forked into the hotseat of first drop (unlike some other guys in recent years)

And, of course, he's just a great bloke from all reports
Is anyone honestly expecting that much from Bailey? I'm really just backing a couple of 30s from him. Which tbh we'd probably take.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
jesus, Cameron White for test cricket. That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel, isn't it?
He's just an inferior Smitteh, but his batting form has been excellent at the start of the SS season, Marcus North in better form though, if any of our top three fail in the first couple of tests they should be under pressure from North IMO

the big bambino

International Captain
Barrel been well and truly trawled for the last few years now. Just don't see the reason for Bailey. He bats low middle order and we're pretty much settled there. 4 is a dilemma imo and of the 2 White beats Bailey for the spot but even he would need to see Hughes and Doolan tried and fail.