• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Spark

Global Moderator
All these stories keep appearing in the Aussie media with nothing substantial behind them. Not saying they aren't true but well, I'm sceptical.

I mean, if we were going to request the removal of a venue because of boorish locals, it pretty much rules out touring Australia as a whole :ph34r:
According to the article, the source for this is Derek Pringle writing in the (UK) Telegraph quoting a "senior member of the ECB". Which is a long way from substantial, so.

I'm sceptical too ftr. It sort of defies belief that anyone could reasonably request the things said there.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely the end of Durham and Cardiff as Test venues altogether as well.
Cardiff yeah. Durham would be okay. In fact it would probably be the only one that would be okay. London? Manchester? Leeds? Nottingham?!

Slippery slope

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
All they needed to do was point out that Queenslanders don't deserve nice things and they would have had the rest of Australia behind them.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's really interesting (to me anyway) that is first reported in the English press today. Like, you'd think it'd be some guy at CA leaking it, and hence probably leaking it to an Australian paper