• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

pskov

International 12th Man
Haha such bull**** arguments above. Yeah it's the fielder's fault for not celebrating like crazy that the third umpire didn't give it.
Hey I said I reckon he caught it fair and square. But the TV replays can't prove that conclusively at all. If you're the 3rd umpire are you more likely to give it out if the guy who caught it says it is out or if he isn't sure? It's just natural human instinct.

Now Watto serving up some net bowling followed by another catch dropped.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah you've got a point, but realistically, they are about as gooder players as the back-ups in the 1990's like Law, Lehmann etc were.
Back then though those guys showed they were good enough to play test cricket when given the chance. They just didn't get then chance very often/for very long in most cases.

When our 1st XI isn't going great then there's no excuse for not giving other guys a chance to perform.

Spark

Global Moderator
Rubbish when he took it he didn't look certain and neither did his team mates.
But how is it relevant at all? It's like that bull**** argument that "oh that must be out because the appeal was spontaneous". When it goes down to referral the only thing that matters is whether he caught it cleanly on camera or not.

---

Oh what a shot!

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Funny ABC radios talking abouit players retiring now to give others a shot. i said that before in jest :|

Jacknife

International Captain
But how is it relevant at all? It's like that bull**** argument that "oh that must be out because the appeal was spontaneous". When it goes down to referral the only thing that matters is whether he caught it cleanly on camera or not.

---

Oh what a shot!
At the end of the day ,he probably did catch it and it's **** when it's that close,like you said the 3rd umpire could only go on the video evidence.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Australia would need to score at 5+ an over now if they were to bat.

50 overs remaining. I`d have a crack at them. You never know...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Funny ABC radios talking abouit players retiring now to give others a shot. i said that before in jest :|
Presumably they mean the likes of Katich and Hussey (i.e. the performing players) and not the twenty something bowling attack?

Blocky

Banned

England will want them to be scoring 6, 6.5 an over. They won't gift Australia the chance at winning when they've fought so hard and they know the damage done by this to the bowlers is immense. They want to spare their own bowlers.

Potentially a declaration of 300 with 35-40 overs to go. A nice hit out of 8-12 overs for each bowler to get a couple of wickets, nothing to prove for Australia but to get out - perfect situation really.

Jacknife

International Captain

That's probably how Strauss sees it, if Oz played it like a 50 over they could get there, if they played well.Therefore, don't give them a chance till there's no doubt.