• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bottom line is, Australia isn't as good as it once was because we simply don't have the cattle.
Which is precisely why we need to give people who look the goods a go, without making them spend 3-4 years in state cricket.

We definitely don't have the cattle if we're restricting our selections to 5 or 6 bowlers and 6 or 7 batsmen each match (At least 1 or 2 of whom are out of form at any given time). Refuse to believe there's not a bowler in Australia who can bowl at least 4 an over in the right spot to be honest.

McGrath, Warne and S.Waugh didn't just appear as great cricketers, they were backed in when they hadn't done a lot in state cricket but showed promise.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'm much more of an individual-performances guy than I used to be.
That's even worse TBF. Better to link your emotional investment, if any, with a group, rather than one or two players, no matter how great they may be.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bottom line is, Australia isn't as good as it once was because we simply don't have the cattle.
Rubbish imo. Hodge, David Hussey, Harris, Copeland, Bollinger. and probably a few more, would all have made an impact on this game.

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh no I don't mean like that. I mean that a few good individual performances can really take the sting out of a failure, because I appreciate them more.

For example I did actually quite enjoy watching Strauss bat yesterday from an "objective" POV.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How the **** is that not wides? Did Haddin sleep with the umps' wives?
:laugh:

Either that, or the umpires have never kept in their lives.

Given Mitch bowled the next one in a similar area, do you think Haddin would make a point by starting from that position for the rest of the over?

Spark

Global Moderator
IS THIS A CATCH?

Wouldn't have picked anyone else to take it.

Oh how awesome that we get the super-slowmo for that.

Bun

Banned
How long can Australia continue to play 'they are a rebuilding side'? It's 4 years since two greats left, and the team is continuing to plummet.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looked a clean catch to me. Judging by the way things are going for Australia though at the moment, it won't be given. Yep.