• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The Sky coverage sounded like they'd placed an effects microphone right next to the Barmy Army. Much louder English chanting than what was on the Ch 9 telecast.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"He's tried it again?"

Who the hell says that when a guy on a hat trick has just hit the batsman flush on the toe in front of the pegs?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Call me crazy, but when a hat trick happen its cause for everyone to go nuts. I like watching sport for the excitement, not to sit down in my big chair, smoking a pipe and swirling some brandy.

pasag

RTDAS
First day of the Ashes against a side going along nicely is a lot different to a meaningless one dayer against the tailend at the end of an innings tbh.
Yeah and that's why there was more excitement in today's call. Honestly, have watched the video a few times now and really don't see the problem.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh, don't see a real problem with it. Do recall seeing highlights of Flintoff's hattrick against WI iirc? where they were noticeably more excited though.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Such a fantastic exhibition of Ashes cricket today. Really enjoyed it.

It's good to see that Siddle proved me and countless others wrong today. He changed from his normal gash line and started pitching it up which was the perfect length

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah don't see a huge problem with it. Obviously weird given their audience if they're jumping out of their chairs, Gower did show more animation and they gave due credit to Siddle. TBH the main thing that drives the adrenaline is the noise of the crowd, which was immense