• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The delivery that dismissed Bell dipped nicely. To the casual observer it looks a loose slog, but Doherty beat him in flight and ended a decent 9th wicket partnership.
This

Quality piece of bowling to dismiss a good player of spin in top form

Ruckus

International Captain
It's not about popularity. It's about how team dynamics/plans/confidence change when you swap one bloke for another, especially if the combo is going well. Just changing Hilf for Bolly for no compelling reason will have consequences.
The Bollinger et al. combo was going well. He was switched with Siddle, and the teams performance hasn't really changed. Sorry I don't buy that argument, especially considering when the replacement is another well settled bowler in the side.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah that was very poor commentary, but hey suck it Poms. I hope they badly commentate all our hattricks this summer! And all the triple centuries too.

Ruckus

International Captain
Look, I normally hate on Channel 9 and love Sky, but their calling of that hat-trick was pretty **** :dry:

Wtf was Gower doing?
Oh **** was that Gower? When I first heard it I thought it was Botham...they both whine so much it's hard to tell sometimes...

Btw the commentary on Strauss' dismissal was gold. Pure rage from Atherton (?).

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Are you serious? The commentary of the hattrick was dreadful. If it was the other way around and Jimmy Anderson getting a hattrick they would've been jizzing everywhere.

On the scale of 0 to Peter Siddle. How good was your birthday? | Facebook

Join people join!
Meh, I thought it was fine, that's usually how they are, they don't go OTT. They're usually a bit louder and you can hear the pleasure in their voice when it's one of their own, but there's not a commentator in the world that doesn't do that.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Yeah that was very poor commentary, but hey suck it Poms. I hope they badly commentate all our hattricks this summer! And all the triple centuries too.
Hahaha. They're already dejected after one day Probably b ecause they've seen this happen to them for so long. :laugh:

Can't get too ****y though, we still bat well and post a decent score. Who knows, Anderson may well take a hattrick tomorrow and the game is turned on its head again.

Joao

U19 12th Man
Who's Gunawardene, ooc?

That's not bad, but Jayawardene wasn't that good back then as well. I'd still take Siddle or McGrath's hat-trick.
Opening batsman I think? Decent player from my limited memory, left hander.

Totally agree that Pidge's and "Big Heart All Day" were better though, simply responding to the all three having a test hundred thing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meh, I thought it was fine, that's usually how they are, they don't go OTT. They're usually a bit louder and you can hear the pleasure in their voice when it's one of their own, but there's not a commentator in the world that doesn't do that.
Gower didn't even call the wicket tbh. It was poor.