• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** First Semi-Final: Australia vs. England

pasag

RTDAS
Australia in the final.

It's odd how little you have to do to make the final of the Champions Trophy. Beat the tournament prank-team, scrape past Pakistan when they aren't particularly trying and get the mercurial side on a bad day- you're in the final!

It might sound harsh on Australia, because they were really very good today. But they didn't even need to be.
Conveniently leaving out how well we did against India before it got called off.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not relevant. You played well against India, but you didn't have to. I'm not saying you don't deserve to be in the final, I'm saying you've hardly had to do anything to get there.

AaronK

State Regular
This is devistating.. if Aus win this tournment i will raid..comon we went new champions.. i am tired of seeing one time dominating.. this match was one of the worst matches of the tournment.. it was one sided match.. it remainded me of that crapy 07 world cup..

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's not relevant. You played well against India, but you didn't have to. I'm not saying you don't deserve to be in the final, I'm saying you've hardly had to do anything to get there.
You just said they deserve to be there, and this demolition of England proves it.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to bed around 1/50, was fairly confident of the win. Didn't expect that though, gutted I couldn't watch :(

Awesome to see Watto performing when it matters most, and I think Ponting should have as many mini-breaks as possible if he always returns from them playing like this.

Last edited:
If it is so easy to get in the final then why are England going home.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
And they happened to catch England on a good day, they were unlucky. I'd be as bold to say that 9/10 South Africa would demolish England.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Ponting!!!! Watto!!!!

Went to bed at the change of innings and am rather pleased to see how the guys went.

Lol England.

And they happened to catch England on a good day, they were unlucky. I'd be as bold to say that 9/10 South Africa would demolish England.
You say England had a good day but I say SA had a bad day, you win these events by not having a bad day which is why England have never won a WC or CT.

Its so easy to overlook how well Australia have played.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yet you do imply it with comments like prank team, scrape past and mecurial.
It doesn't imply that they don't deserve it at all, it's just interesting how little they've needed to do to get there. Are West Indies C not a prank team? Did you not scrape past Pakistan? Are England not mercurial, and were they not very poor today?

I made no effort to use emotive language, that's just accurate.

It doesn't imply that they don't deserve it at all, it's just interesting how little they've needed to do to get there. Are West Indies C not a prank team? Did you not scrape past Pakistan? Are England not mercurial, and were they not very poor today?

I made no effort to use emotive language, that's just accurate.
Fail.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
You say England had a good day but I say SA had a bad day, you win these events by not having a bad day which is why England have never won a WC or CT.

Its so easy to overlook how well Australia have played.
I still think Australia are a better ODI side and both South Africa and Sri Lanka. With their batting line-up and bowling attack, beating sides such as England and the West Indies (who had a truly apalling side) should be pretty regulation.