• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** First Semi-Final: Australia vs. England

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf, conditions were just as easy (or at least, they appeared just as easy) for batting as they were against Pakistan when Australia scraped home chasing around 200.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fully expecting to wake up in the morning and see that England have taken this.

Scaly piscine

Those are flying ants according to TMS, which apparently fly around for 15-20 minutes then lose their wings and die. Also supposedly often fly around just before the rain comes.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Those are flying ants according to TMS, which apparently fly around for 15-20 minutes then lose their wings and die. Also supposedly often fly around just before the rain comes.
so u mean Rain is around?????
by the way ICC Sucks, no reserve days

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf, conditions were just as easy (or at least, they appeared just as easy) for batting as they were against Pakistan when Australia scraped home chasing around 200.
Did they get in a mess against the Pakistan spinners? Which is less likely today imo - the first 10-15 overs are crucial, I think.

And those need to go to hand ...

Dissector

International Debutant
Haven't watched the game but that was a pretty remarkable comeback by England in their innings. If they do win this game I think they are officially the most unpredictable team in ODI cricket. Quite extraordinary how up and down they have been in the last few years.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did they get in a mess against the Pakistan spinners? Which is less likely today imo - the first 10-15 overs are crucial, I think.

And those need to go to hand ...
Only a little bit. It wasn't what caused the collapse, the seamers did just as much damage. It was an English-style collapse- always just somehow finding a way to lose another wicket.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting is on Fire here!!!!!!!!
And given every encouragement by Anderson's scatter-gun bowling and Morgan's brainless fielding.

Listening to chappeli on TMS really is an education btw. A far more articulate summary than I could manage of England's short-comings and general cluelessness in recent overs

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
And given every encouragement by Anderson's scatter-gun bowling and Morgan's brainless fielding.

Listening to chappeli on TMS really is an education btw. A far more articulate summary than I could manage of England's short-comings and general cluelessness in recent overs
Morgan throw was same as Kaneria's in 2007 Cricket World CUp :D

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
was there any edge? i don't think so, actually watching it on a website & streaming is poor

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England need at least 3 quick wickets to have any chance of winning this one.
Not going to happen, is it, unless Swann is able to do something remarkable on this pitch.
We needed to make full use of the new ball, and we simply weren't good enough.

Scaly piscine

England have basically gifted a mediocre Australia side a spot in the final. A combination of atrocious cricket and brainlessness.

Also why has no fielder repeated what Dilshan (or whoever) did, basically just pat the ball in-play from over the ropes. Friggin miles better than giving away a 6.

Cricinfo saying Wright just plain ****ed that up.

Last edited: