• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Spark

Global Moderator
Bailey must think all his birthdays have come at once. Must score to preserve his place, has edged a few early and they decide to put three men back on the legside and bang it halfway down.

Goddamn.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bailey must think all his birthdays have come at once. Must score to preserve his place, has edged a few early and they decide to put three men back on the legside and bang it halfway down.

Goddamn.
Not to mention bringing on a spinner and giving him singles all over the shop

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So cook is setting the field to George's reputation with no regard to match situation or George playing for his career.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yesterday Chappelli was going on about how in a 5 test series your basic goal as a batsman is 300 runs. Means you haven't failed, at least. Everyone except Bailey got there for Australia this series, nobody for England. I guess there's still an innings to go though, and Stokes missed a test. Still pretty remarkable, can't say I can remember a series anything like that.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yesterday Chappelli was going on about how in a 5 test series your basic goal as a batsman is 300 runs. Means you haven't failed, at least. Everyone except Bailey got there for Australia this series, nobody for England. I guess there's still an innings to go though, and Stokes missed a test. Still pretty remarkable, can't say I can remember a series anything like that.
Haha yeah it's crazy.

KP only needs 12 more runs to get to 300 and Carberry, Cook, Stokes and Bell aren't that far away, but yeah it does say quite a bit.

Hooksey

Banned
Cricket is a funny game, but this is one heck of a predictable series.

Little doubt Australia will set England 400+ and they'll fall well short yet again.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket is a funny game, but this is one heck of a predictable series.

Little doubt Australia will set England 400+ and they'll fall well short yet again.

You reckon?

Given that the experienced players have patently lost interest, we'll need the kids to get us into 3 figures.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bit gutted, I woke up at some point and saw we'd been bowled out then dreamt that we has Australia 80-7 overnight. Mind you, that'd probably be enough for them to declare and win anyway.

fredfertang

Stayed up and watched the first session - grimmest display yet - has to be the most dramatic fall from grace ever by an international sports team - we should tear up all the central contracts and start again

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh I was thinking the only thing missing from this tour is a comically low score like 70 or something, we've always managed to scrape into triple figures. Going to sleep at 3 for nothing, thought we might be in with a shot. Alas.

91Jmay

International Coach
Didn't watch any, probably time this series. Sadly predictable. Stokes the only player to come out of the tour with any credit.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Won't bother tonight, saw first session last night and that my lot now. Well done Aussies on the 5-0 mauling. Never at the races.

Spark

Global Moderator
Tbh I was thinking the only thing missing from this tour is a comically low score like 70 or something, we've always managed to scrape into triple figures. Going to sleep at 3 for nothing, thought we might be in with a shot. Alas.
still one more innings...

social

Stayed up and watched the first session - grimmest display yet - has to be the most dramatic fall from grace ever by an international sports team - we should tear up all the central contracts and start again
Whilst I wont pretend to be unhappy about it, whole series seems slightly surreal

For example, I'm on record here as saying MJ is the world's most talented cricketer but a complete flake and would never have picked him for Oz again

Who knew?

Then we have the Trott and Swann situations - seriously WTF if there ever has been one

Then Oz picks Bailey for 5 tests and effectively plays with 10 men for an entire series and still looks like winning 5-0

Etc, etc

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oh don't get me wrong guys, not taking anything away from the bowlers but there is no excusing this.

If our footballers played half as bad as this when wearing the three lions they would be absolutely crucified for years. And I'm no sympathiser of them. This is completely unacceptable.

Appalling. The nadir of my life of following sport.
It's up/down there, yeah. It's just been almost surreally poor all round. Just when you think it can't get worse, it somehow does.

Actually I've even stopped thinking "it can't get worse" because it invariably does.

Ballance breathing heavily already. Wtf?
Chunky lad, isn't he? Played a nice coupla cuts whilst he was there tho.

It's a controversial statement but I'm going to go there... I don't think Bairstow is all that good.
Steady.

Andrew Hilditch was unfairly maligned?

Oh shut up Brayshaw, he was useless.
Quite. I mean, didn't he openly admit he'd never actually seen Beer turn his arm over when he picked him? Warne's Twitter feed all the evidence he needed.

Australia probably already have enough. But no doubt they'll push on and on and hopefully bat England completely out of it.
One of the more redundant words ever typed, tbh. We could bat thrice and not score 311.

Boyd stinks. Finn would do a vastly better job, at least he would ask questions from time to time.
Think it shows how badly Finn's been in the nets, more than anything else. I mean, the boy was first choice three years ago and is now the only member of the original party not to get a test this time around.

Questions must be asked about his handling, really. A work in regress.