• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Jacknife

International Captain
**** yes, you beauty Tremmers, set him brilliantly, bouncer, bouncer and then the fuller one.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh Hughes. That's a terrible, terrible shot. Just reward for Tremlett, who's bowled nicely (if not quite as good as Melbourne). Glad to see Tremmers doing well, finally a Pommy I can get behind. Bumped into him at the Rose Bowl a few times in the dim and distant past and he seemed like a genuinely nice chap.

Seems the dead crow has had the defibrallator pads applied.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arrgggh!! Hughes, did all the hard work too. Played well today. Looking forward to seeing Khawaja post-lunch.

England pretty flat tbh, can't blame them I suppose. Wonder if they'll pitch it up more after the break. No sum, so there should still be something in it for them.

JBH001

International Regular
Good wicket for Tremlett. He has earned that this morning, especially for his first spell. I feel a little sorry for Hughes who battled hard this morning but, unfortunately, let his concentration slip a little before lunch. Interesting and nervous 40 minute wait for Khawaja; I'd hate that, tbh.

Howsie

International Captain
Eh, terrible shot. Good nut don't get me wrong but a minute before lunch thats a poor shot from an opening batsmen.

Woodster

International Captain
It has been a sensible and disciplined effort from the Aussie openers in this morning session, just doesn't look right with Watson being ultra-cautious. For me there is a balance to be made between careful and correctly cautious and going too much the other way and losing some intent. Now people may say crickey these Aussies can't win they gift their wickets in Melbourne and get slammed, then play with more caution at Sydney and they still get criticised (only by me though!). I am not being too critical, I'm not suggesting Watson continues driving at everything in his half, but shows intent even by way of rotating the strike and running positively.

It has been difficult with the ball seaming around, so you'd think get yourself down the other end and just keep the board ticking. Almost came to a standstill coming up to lunch. They played much more sensibly especially early, but neglected the importance of roatating the strike and showing controlled intent, imo.

Am I being unfair ?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least Hughes lasted till lunch. Looking at the conditions he could well have been dismissed in the first few overs.

hazsa19

International Regular
Don't get what all this poor bowling idea is all about. You could be horribly critical and say Anderson has been a bit short, but England have gone down under to keep things tight and this morning has been really good bowling imo.

We won't always bowl Australia out for 98, the openers played with due care and attention, we never let them get away and we did deserve that wicket.

Really enjoyable morning of test cricket. I'm not going to criticise any of them out there this morning :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think where Hughes will be really peeved is that some umpires probably would have called lunch after Bresnan's over