• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
because bollinger creates too much rough for swann apparently
our selectors are such positive thinking people!

the whole dougeh t20 champions league and and subsequent injury episode is more or less where this whole mess starts

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Even with this Test, Hilf (with an average in the 80s) got picked because he was bowling well in the nets to Pup.

Spark

Global Moderator
our selectors are not positive thinking people!

the whole dougeh t20 champions league and and subsequent injury episode is more or less where this whole mess starts
There are a few things that run even deeper then that (for one thing doing NOTHING after the 09 Ashes) but yeah that, and the silly LO series with SL before in November when everyone should've been playing Shield cricket.

Spikey

There are a few things that run even deeper then that (for one thing doing NOTHING after the 09 Ashes) but yeah that, and the silly LO series with SL before in November when everyone should've been playing Shield cricket.
i've been under the impression the SL OD series was forced because of the axing of the tri-series and we had to host them sometime this summer. Probably should have just gone back to the tri-series this summer.

TumTum

Banned
Ridiculous support IMO
It was valid. Yeah I admit this is a case where the selectors didn't get it right, they should have got rid of Hauritz and North long time ago. However with the Ashes so close, dropping North would have been even worse.

I also must say that Hauritz was scrutinized far more heavily then North after the India series, so he got dropped which wasn't a surprise.

Spikey

the only strong support North and Hussey had were from the selectores and Mickey Arthur

Ruckus

International Captain
I look forward to another year or two of extended poor performances from him
Yeh for a good while there I was sold on Hussey being back, but now I'm uncertain again. 4 failures in a row now. He is getting old and there is no time for him to recover from any more extended form slumps (not to mention, the Australian team simply cannot function with any more unreliable players). The confused state of Australian cricket continues...

TumTum

Banned
Yeh for a good while there I was sold on Hussey being back, but now I'm uncertain again. 4 failures in a row now. He is getting old and there is no time for him to recover from anymore extended form slumps (not to mention, the Australian team simply cannot function with any more unreliable players). The confused state of Australian cricket continues...
He still looks good tbh, much better than before the series.

Spark

Global Moderator
To be fair he hasn't looked clueless as he did in 08-09, I wouldn't lose all hope yet for him

morgieb

Wouldn't drop Hussey yet, but we are nearing the end for him I'm afraid. The first 3 tests look more and more like a purple patch rather than a change in fortune, sadly.