• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Filippo Inzaghi would lose his **** after scoring the 7th in an 8-0 win over Tier 6 opposition in a pre-season friendly, a miskick onto his arsecheek that should have been disallowed for 4 different reasons. That's the celebration energy every footballer should aspire to.
Indeed. Its why I loved Imran Tahir.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Just a mentally broken side.

No idea what happened in that dressing room during the United game but this side is unrecognizable from the one that's been playing all season. No press off the ball and on the ball we gave the ball away 60 times in that first half, crazy numbers. Over 5xg in the last 2 games and we've lost on aggregate 0-4 at Anfield.

I wonder if Salah has said farewell behind closed doors or something because he's been atrocious since returning from injury and looks finished. He's far from the only one - Endo, Jones, Konate, Szobo and Nunez in particular have also been awful in the past 2-3 games.

Would have been easier to take this if we'd lost due to nerves or pressure but they just didn't look to have the energy or hunger to win. I suspected sooner or later playing kids would hurt us but in the end it was actually the experienced players returning that let us down.

Klopp has plenty to answer for tactically and team selection-wise but ultimately no one predicted us anywhere near the title so can't be too upset with what's been a great season.

Hopefully City win it from here

Niall

International Coach
For all the chatter about such a close title race, its done and dusted in Mid April. :laugh::euro:

So annoyed I did not put more money on City to win the treble now though. :(

Niall

International Coach
Top of the table, with the easiest fixture list.
After watching Spurs yesterday that was the only fixture people were worried about :toot:

Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final is not a total bye tbf but City surely solid favs? The final will be a foregone conclusion due to how useless UTD are.

Europe , tbf that's a trickier one yeah I will give you that, but they are obviously the best side left in it.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great victory for Colchester against Crawley at the weekend. Had been performing reasonably in a tough run of games vs. Mansfield, Wrexham and Stockport with very few points to show for it. A much needed win.

Molehill

International Captain
Just a mentally broken side.

No idea what happened in that dressing room during the United game but this side is unrecognizable from the one that's been playing all season. No press off the ball and on the ball we gave the ball away 60 times in that first half, crazy numbers. Over 5xg in the last 2 games and we've lost on aggregate 0-4 at Anfield.

I wonder if Salah has said farewell behind closed doors or something because he's been atrocious since returning from injury and looks finished. He's far from the only one - Endo, Jones, Konate, Szobo and Nunez in particular have also been awful in the past 2-3 games.

Would have been easier to take this if we'd lost due to nerves or pressure but they just didn't look to have the energy or hunger to win. I suspected sooner or later playing kids would hurt us but in the end it was actually the experienced players returning that let us down.

Klopp has plenty to answer for tactically and team selection-wise but ultimately no one predicted us anywhere near the title so can't be too upset with what's been a great season.

Hopefully City win it from here
For me it feels likes they've run out of gas. These results had been coming. You can't keep scraping past lesser teams without it catching up on you sooner or later.

I still don't think it's done and dusted mind. City are far from the team they were last season and I'm sure will not win every game. Liverpool have to somehow win at Fulham next week, which will be tough after a trip to Italy on Thursday.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
For me it feels likes they've run out of gas. These results had been coming. You can't keep scraping past lesser teams without it catching up on you sooner or later.

I still don't think it's done and dusted mind. City are far from the team they were last season and I'm sure will not win every game. Liverpool have to somehow win at Fulham next week, which will be tough after a trip to Italy on Thursday.
Yeah agree, something just changed around that United FA cup game. Prior to that there was a sense of inevitability about our wins, even when we weren't playing well we were still showing desire both on and off the ball.

I'm not too optimistic from here, obviously have to hope something dramatically changes but the squad looks mentally finished. The coaching staff are getting it wrong tactically, too.

As I said in my other post I'll be beyond shocked if Salah is staying, I reckon he's informed the squad of his departure behind the scenes. There's not too many other explanations for his performances, even an unfit Salah in the past has looked better than this current version. He's obviously not the only one to blame.

Klopp checking out was one thing, it gave us energy and a sense of purpose but I reckon Mo's decision has rattled the squad and made a few others think about their future too. Hopefully I am wrong.

Molehill

International Captain
Feels so much worse than last season, somehow. Then I never really in my heart of hearts thought we could actually do it.

This season though, after taking 4 points off both yer Scousers and Citeh, I had allowed myself a scintilla of hope and, as someone once observed, it's the hope that gets you.
I think next season could be the one for Arsenal, but only if they get themselves a decent striker in the Summer. Liverpool will be in a form of transition to a new manager and squad, got a feeling the Euros could leave a lot of City's key players in a state of exhaustion (Rodri's already struggling).

Not sure who that Number 9 is for Arsenal though, but as yesterday showed, Watkins would've been quite useful....

Socerer 01

International Captain
I think next season could be the one for Arsenal, but only if they get themselves a decent striker in the Summer. Liverpool will be in a form of transition to a new manager and squad, got a feeling the Euros could leave a lot of City's key players in a state of exhaustion (Rodri's already struggling).

Not sure who that Number 9 is for Arsenal though, but as yesterday showed, Watkins would've been quite useful....
should be putting all their eggs in the Osimhen basket

Chin Music

State 12th Man

With the exception of a couple of players, aren't the vast majority of Arsenal's squad going to be at the Euros too? I note Odergaard/Gabriel aren't going but the same thing applies to Haaland and Alvarez for too.