• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't Beefy play for Yeovil too, back in their non-league days?
Apparently so.

I must admit to having no recollection of that at all. The comment from the bloke he replaced at centre forward, about Botham shooting from the half way line, seem pretty plausible.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The right call. Feels weird saying that about the manager that gave me the greatest night of my football going life only 6 months ago.

(I'm actually on the BT coverage about 30 seconds after the final whistle against Leipzig going absolutely mental.)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That seems to be everyone’s first reaction but the Saudis owning Newcastle rules out the only oil country to ever show an interest. And Chelsea ended up with Boehly.

Could be anyone really.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The “sale” statement seems very similar to Liverpool. Looking for investors and other potential alternatives. There’s no guarantee they want to sell at all.

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
That seems to be everyone’s first reaction but the Saudis owning Newcastle rules out the only oil country to ever show an interest. And Chelsea ended up with Boehly.

Could be anyone really.
There's been rumblings about an American investment consortium, which would be bad news.

I'm curious how long this process will take now, and what's going to happen in January.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Glazers are selling up. End of a dark era.
Getting the Glazers out is a priority but the fans who don’t want Oil money and want owners who care and will include the fans are asking for a lot. I’d love some non Oil owners who actually want to win a trophy but let’s start by getting rid of the football exists only to sell **** for profit mentality of the Gazers 1st.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Rangers have headhunted Michael Beale from QPR. Maybe he was the brains behind Gerrard’s success, obviously made an impression.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that was all the noise coming out of Villa too. Though QPR had been on a bad run. Maybe he wouldn’t have jumped if they were still top.