• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When I'm not at a Saturday game I just stick VPN on and then log in to an iFollow account in my wife's name (I use my own for midweek iFollow games when no hassle is required). You don't even need to keep the VPN on to actually watch the match once the pass is registered against the account.

That being said a few of my match-going friends/family have a similar set up to, erm, your friend so I do opt for those sometimes.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are the leagues other than the Prem continuing during the WC or is everything on hold?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We are playing Ipswich on Sky tomorrow, will probably be goals, we have a great forward line, but most of our best defenders are crocks.

grecian

I was doing a Sporcle quiz, and they listed all the best players from various clubs that had gotten on the list, and S****horpe 1959 came up, 23rd place.

I got the answer actually because I was doing the generic popular British names. When I googled he's not even the first footballer that comes up, in fact the actor that played 'orrible Ives in Porridge is the first name, anyone know who he is, or owt about him? Played for Exeter too, but honestly never heard of him.

The thing is there was a trivial question that said what three England captains played for s****horpe, back in the day, kudos for thse that know it, but unconnected to the question.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was doing a Sporcle quiz, and they listed all the best players from various clubs that had gotten on the list, and S****horpe 1959 came up, 23rd place.

I got the answer actually because I was doing the generic popular British names. When I googled he's not even the first footballer that comes up, in fact the actor that played 'orrible Ives in Porridge is the first name, anyone know who he is, or owt about him? Played for Exeter too, but honestly never heard of him.

The thing is there was a trivial question that said what three England captains played for s****horpe, back in the day, kudos for thse that know it, but unconnected to the question.
Keegan and Clemence captained England's football team.

The 3rd one captained England in a different sport, so I'll leave it there in case anyone else wants to have a go.

grecian

From wp's clue I'm guessing Ian Botham is the 3rd.
Yep, it is the answer. I went to a city match hoping to see Botham, but as most times he didn't actually appear. It was probably a bit of a publicity stunt, eleven appearances in 5 years.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I first heard that question a few years ago and got the answer. Clemence actually troubled me more than Botham. I knew he was from S****horpe but had no recollection of him captaining England. After finding out it was only in one friendly match I still didn’t recall it.

grecian

Bit of a flat performance that, Brown and Stansfield not really in it, ho-hum.

Midtable is the most we can hope for until we can get decent fit defenders.