• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

weeman27bob

International Regular
Because he was a little bit before when I started paying attention to football - how good was Michael Ballack?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Because he was a little bit before when I started paying attention to football - how good was Michael Ballack?
Very.

Strong, great vision, good passer, scored more than his share and as technically proficient as you'd expect from someone with nearly a 100 caps for Jerry.

Only obvious weakness was a slight lack of pace.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the early 2000s he was one of the best CMs in the world. Skillset wasn’t far off someone like Gerrard, but without quite so much pashun (for better or worse).

He might seem a little wooden if he played today compared to technically immense guys like Modric, but only because the game’s changed. We wanted our midfielders to win physical battles, cover lots of ground and score goals. His passing was great too, just not in the tiki taka way.

You never hear much about him now. He probably still has a big profile in Germany.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I saw that earlier and I bet you that was deliberate by someone. The link is unavoidable and the inclusion of ‘West’ in the title is unnecessary. Someone in the Southend admin team is pissing themselves right now.

flibbertyjibber

Very very good. Still a good player at Chelsea but not as good there as he was previously at club level or Germany. One of the most under rated players of his generation, never talked of as a top player but he was.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
He was pretty influential on that Leverkusen squad that lost all those finals and came second in Bundesliga that one season. Was also immense of the Germany team that made the 2002 World Cup finals, but a combination of injuries and Germany's uber-youth generation meant that by the mid-2000s he had kinda been shunted aside for the Shweinsteigers and Mullers, and then later Ozils and Khediras of this world.

Uppercut

He was pretty influential on that Leverkusen squad that lost all those finals and came second in Bundesliga that one season. Was also immense of the Germany team that made the 2002 World Cup finals, but a combination of injuries and Germany's uber-youth generation meant that by the mid-2000s he had kinda been shunted aside for the Shweinsteigers and Mullers, and then later Ozils and Khediras of this world.
They definitely did want him to play in 2006 and 2010, he was just mostly injured. 2010 was probably his best season at Chelsea.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They definitely did want him to play in 2006 and 2010, he was just mostly injured. 2010 was probably his best season at Chelsea.
He got injured by a German team mate in the FA Cup final in 2010 didn't he?

That's the whole reason Thomas Müller wore the number 13 for Germany; he replaced Ballack in the 2010 squad when Ballack failed to recover from said injury.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Quite enjoying this new 'stop giving free kicks every time an attacking player falls over' directive thus far.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It feels like we're missing a proper good striker to get us up - hopefully, the final piece in a very frustrating puzzle

Niall

International Coach
starting the season with McFred with elanga unlucky also not to make the starting eleven, this shower of ****e deserves to be relegated.