• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They're not going anywhere, are they. A final game at home to now safe Bournemouth is as much as anyone could hope for.
Depending on how other results go (Leeds and Leicester both have West Ham to play who are safe and will be focusing on the Conference final) then the crowd still has the potential to be nervous as **** if it's 0-0 after 10 minutes.

They're like a jobby that just won't flush though.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
7 Premier League teams are from London so there has been a definite shift. 3 more from the south coast as well although we are obviously going to lose one of those.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
7 Premier League teams are from London so there has been a definite shift. 3 more from the south coast as well although we are obviously going to lose one of those.
There's been a definite shift south in the last 20 years but the heartlands of the game are still the 50 or so mile circle around Manchester IMO.

Pothas

For sure. Loads of them are struggling though which I guess is not a surprise. Lost quite a few fron the league in the last few years.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So 5 out of the last 6 it is. I know a couple of those were close, but it's hard to remain excited by our top tier becoming a hegemony, even though they do play some wonderful football.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Or Liverpool in the 80s etc.
I think they managed 5 out 6 once, and I felt the same way then tbh.
Or at least I think I did. It was a long time ago tbf. I was definitely happy to see other teams win it on the occasions when that did happen. Perhaps it felt like more a level playing field, but Liverpool had just raised the bar. I dunno. Just being honest about how I find it all nowadays. But I'll be cheering them on in the CL Final if it helps.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
No different to Man Utd winning 7 out of 9 between 1993 and 2001
And that was boring too. :cool:
Actually, I found that worse as I really didn't like Ferguson.
I don't think they managed 5 out of 6 at any stage, but I know that's not really the point.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And that was boring too. :cool:
Actually, I found that worse as I really didn't like Ferguson.
I don't think they managed 5 out of 6 at any stage, but I know that's not really the point.
They won it in 96, 97, 99, 00 and 01.

I don’t think it’s permanent or anything but it is a problem for a league when one team is far better than the rest. Though I see Bayern might have just bottled one for the first time in a decade.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, fair enough. Either I read some duff info or I completely misread something.

EDIT
So if Cantona hadn't gone all Bruce Lee at Selhurst park in 1995 they would probably have won 8 out of 9. Strewth.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

I don’t think it’s permanent or anything but it is a problem for a league when one team is far better than the rest. Though I see Bayern might have just bottled one for the first time in a decade.
if Liverpool had sustained last season’s levels in theory they’d have done enough to be champions but you just feel with City at the minute that they find a way to get over the line no matter what.

grecian

Bayern lost, watch Dortmund bottle it to Ausburg now.

Oh and yeah it isn't great the Citeh dominance, but obviously beeter than United's. I find the media love of Ferguson utterly annoying, I heard someone saying all neutrals want plucky underdogs United to won the Cup final, they were being ironic about it in some ways, but have they just ignored that most neutrals despised United for years. The amount of plastics in every town, Ferguson's mind games, their continued berating of refs, I remember going on a package holiday late 90s, there were a lot of Scots and English, football chanting, all the sweatties were singing Flower of Scotland etc. the English mainly songs about hating Man U much to my amusement as one of the blokes I was there with was a Man U fan.

I wanted Arsenal to win the title, and probably one of the few here that wanted Liverpool to beat Citeh in their battles, but **** me it would be hilarious to see Citeh equal United's greatest ever achievement in front of their fans at Wembley.

Who knows maybe then I could start to view United in a slightly more conciliatory way, as they genuinely would have had some hardship of sorts. Probably not though....

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bayern lost, watch Dortmund bottle it to Ausburg now.

Oh and yeah it isn't great the Citeh dominance, but obviously beeter than United's. I find the media love of Ferguson utterly annoying, I heard someone saying all neutrals want plucky underdogs United to won the Cup final, they were being ironic about it in some ways, but have they just ignored that most neutrals despised United for years. The amount of plastics in every town, Ferguson's mind games, their continued berating of refs, I remember going on a package holiday late 90s, there were a lot of Scots and English, football chanting, all the sweatties were singing Flower of Scotland etc. the English mainly songs about hating Man U much to my amusement as one of the blokes I was there with was a Man U fan.

I wanted Arsenal to win the title, and probably one of the few here that wanted Liverpool to beat Citeh in their battles, but **** me it would be hilarious to see Citeh equal United's greatest ever achievement in front of their fans at Wembley.

Who knows maybe then I could start to view United in a slightly more conciliatory way, as they genuinely would have had some hardship of sorts. Probably not though....
This is eminently fair.