• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I watched the last 30 minutes. There was a foul for the penalty, but it was still a soft one, and defenders aren't usually penalised for that sort of contact. England were poor, especially in the final third. The biggest winners were probably Foden, Sterling and Sancho, all of whom would have offered more than what we saw yesterday.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shame. I was hoping Solihull would be promoted. Probably soon be higher up the leagues than the shambles that is Birmingham City if they did to become 6th biggest team in the West Midlands. Potentially 5th ahead of Walsall.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Germany having an actual top level manager is cheating. Unwritten agreement that international teams can only have popular ex-players giving it an honest go.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Germany were unlucky not to win tonight, even allowing for England's improvement in the last 20 minutes of the match. The Germans really should have finished us off long before then. Grealish made a difference when he came on; probably his best performance for us, despite his struggles at City last season. Talking of City, I thought Walker and Stones did OK in the bits that I saw. But Sterling was woeful.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is anyone else just not interested in any of this at all?

I had to set myself a reminder that England were playing last night, and then when it went off I switched on the TV and promptly decided I would instead rather watch the episode of Bake Off I recorded the night previously

(Edit: I then watched a few episodes of Father Ted)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Completely forgot we were even playing until I clicked on this thread. Having it in a WC year makes it seem doubly pointless.

Kudos to Harry though. 50 goals some effort.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't watched either game. I watched the Wales World Cup qualifier and the Conference Final. One day the Nations League might (huge emphasis on the might) become a thing, but at the moment it just feels like pointless friendlies after a long season, with a short break until next season.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I watched most of it. I'd heard that Germany have put a fun team together and thought it might be interesting to have a look. Tbf, it was.

The Nations League is a big improvement over the one-off friendlies that took place before, but it does feel very low stakes. It's the League Cup of international football.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Derby could be ****ed.
I’ve always had a feeling that one day one of the historically big clubs will go. But then when it seems imminent there’s generally a feeling that it won’t happen.

Going back to the Nations League, Hungary had a crowd of 36,000 for their stadium ban match, yet today England will have about 3,000. Presumably both are using the same regulation that allows spectators, so surely Wolverhampton isn’t so devoid of children that they couldn’t have a similar size crowd.

grecian

Haven't watched one second of any of these england matches out of pure churlishness, I read somewhere that the World cup would have started friday if they hadn't decided to sale what little of football's soul is left by going to Qatar. Don't seem i missed much. Yeah the nations League are a good idea, rather than friendlies, but not as any kinda consolation for a ****ing world cup. Oh and they didn't pick Ollie Watkins, clear Exonion bias, yeah he comes from Newton Abbott, but TBH if anyone had ever been to Newton Abbott, you would know why most people leave at the earliest opportunity.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
i'm already looking forward to the 2026 world cup, everyone loves to play soccer in a theocratic rogue state while match temperatures reach 108 and the grass is a hastily shuffled in variant of artificial turf

grecian

Is anyone else just not interested in any of this at all?

I had to set myself a reminder that England were playing last night, and then when it went off I switched on the TV and promptly decided I would instead rather watch the episode of Bake Off I recorded the night previously

(Edit: I then watched a few episodes of Father Ted)
I watched Springwatch, then that cute historian banging on about the Princes in the Tower. I'm all for royalty being murdered obvs, but seems pointless when they're replaced by more royalty.