• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd feel sorry for a team that lost two wembley finals on pens, if that team wasn't chelsea.

I feel sorry for Kante though, he's a lovely chap.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Arsenal/Hull Final at Wembley was a decent match - albeit mainly because Arsenal didn't turn up for the first 15 minutes and were two down.

Anyway I always expect Mount to miss whether it's penalties or open play. He was the main culprit in the League Cup Final.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha just read that this was the 5th domestic cup final Chelsea have lost in a row, didn't realise that. Great.
Think Mason Mount's now been on the losing side in 6 finals at Wembley, which includes a playoff loss while on loan at Derby and the Euro 2020 final with England.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can someone explain how Klopp can win every trophy available to him whilst having a Europa League final defeat on his CV?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I think that’s what Furball means. He’s managed in the Europa League and not won it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There are loads of puddle and manure fans who don't accept the Europa League as a major trophy because qualifying for it requires a degree of failure in their quest for the PL or CL. It's a sort of arrogant delusional failure to accept that they can't always compete at the top table and nothing else is worthy of them. It'll be quite funny if Manure stumble into the Euro Conference for next season.

Aritro

International Regular
I assumed it was just some smart arse fans somewhere. That's lazy from a national broadcaster.
There's a lot of this around. If not phrased as directly as "every trophy available", there's talk of us having completed "the full set". Defo the media perpetuating big club snobbery about that competition. It still gnaws away at me that we lost that final and it's a nonsense to call it the full set without it.