• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Even his first year in England he had a decent season, didn't come off well in the Carabao Cup episode but in terms of on-pitch performances, I thought he was decent. Many other Chelsea fans were happy with him too.

His save % which is often used against him in recent times is very impressive in Euro Qualifiers for Spain (I don't have his keeping stats for friendlies) - impressive to the extent that no keeper who played more than 1 game last season in the PL had a better save ratio then Kepa did for Spain. Didn't see much of him playing for Bilbao but the club thought he was worth going all-in for and someone leaving home club at 23, going abroad for first time and having an assured first season all whilst being able to get into the Spain team convinces me he has the talent all this whilst having the burden of being the most expensive goalkeeper. Also worth mentioning he was linked with Real Madrid only months before joining Chelsea in January 2018.

At this point you have almost every fan in England disregarding his ability and he's under pressure from minute 1 - some of his mistakes have been dreadful but there are some where I do feel as if, if you put Alisson or Ederson there and they didn't save it - it would be a simple case of keeper shouldn't have done better rather then social media going into frenzy and football programmes adding to that as they criticise every mistake that bit more because its Kepa.

But him being in the squad (whether the XI or bench) whilst everyone in England ridicules him and hopes he doesn't play isn't an environment any footballer would want to be in - I'm convinced as long as he isn't stuck on the bench for Chelsea until his 30s he will still go on to have a good career. Probably made a big mistake signing such a long contract in retrospect still nearly five years left on it - in an ideal scenario (trying to put myself in his perspective) he'd have signed a five year deal, put in good performances for Spain, play in the 2022 World Cup and if he played well he'd be right in the shop window with him due to be a free agent only 6 months later.
He's worse than Richard Wright

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno what you're all on about it's exactly the same imo :ph34r:
Agreed on top-class football really, don't much care about the lack of crowd as I don't go, been a great Prem season so far, the fans in that division are **** too, so not sure why everyones greeting, but obvs does take away a good 70% of enjoyment for us lower-league scum, even though I am not sure Pothas deserves to be in that bracket now.

grecian

Think the Aston Villa being the new Leicester narratives can stop here, Leeds though, being super fun narrative can continue.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Villa were always a 10th-14th side. Good first 11 but no depth. Leeds could be anything.
Still not even convinced by that, intrigued how Villa bounce back. They've started well but not convinced relegation is out of the question yet. I had them as being 4th bottom before the start of the season and the only real reason they weren't in my bottom 3 was because Villa, Fulham and WBA going down seemed too predictable to happen. Good start to season for them but Watford had a good run halfway through last season and went down. Bournemouth started season pretty well and went down. Don't think Villa will go down but an injury or 2, a couple losses and Villa being out of relegation picture doesn't seem so certain. Wouldn't be surprised if they were still not mathematically safe with a couple games to go

grecian

Still not even convinced by that, intrigued how Villa bounce back. They've started well but not convinced relegation is out of the question yet. I had them as being 4th bottom before the start of the season and the only real reason they weren't in my bottom 3 was because Villa, Fulham and WBA going down seemed too predictable to happen. Good start to season for them but Watford had a good run halfway through last season and went down. Bournemouth started season pretty well and went down. Don't think Villa will go down but an injury or 2, a couple losses and Villa being out of relegation picture doesn't seem so certain. Wouldn't be surprised if they were still not mathematically safe with a couple games to go
Nah they've made about 6 really brilliant signings, lot of desperate teams too, they'll be 14th at worst.

Pothas

Yeah absolutely no way Villa go down. I mean they already have 12 points. They would have to be utterly dreadful from here to even be close.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No way they are going down when Fulham, Sheffield United and West Brom are in the division.