• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to hear Clinton Morrison talk about how good Kiefer Moore is, as Tisdale didn't sign Moore when he was on trial, partly because Clinton was at Exeter, even though he was old and decrepit. Not one of Paul's great decisions.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t like Chelsea having a real keeper.

Can’t complain about the performance though, clearly the better team. Just not great at attacking.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I would. They were garbage in attack last season and they've lost last season's defensive solidity to boot. A team that doesn't score goals and struggles to keep clean sheets isn't going to do very well.

I mean, they've signed and picked Oliver Burke as a striker who would struggle to get a game for most Scottish Premiership sides.
Before this weekend only Aston Villa and Arsenal conceded fewer goals than them. Certainly don't expect them to repeat last season's heroics but whilst I would be surprised if West Brom or Fulham stayed up, I can't say Sheffield Utd staying up would surprise me at all. Its not like their strike options last year were exemplary on paper either. They could go down but I certainly don't think they are certainties to go down or certain to finish below Villa. Likewise with Newcastle, think there is a chance they can go down, they don't create much but are very clinical and their keepers tend to do a lot of heavy lifting - is that sustainable longer term we'll see. Personally, I'd have them in a group alongside the likes of West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, Aston Villa that I wouldn't be surprised to see stay up (I'd be surprised if West Brom or Fulham do) but are not certainties to stay up either.

Could maybe add Palace and Southampton to a seperate list too would be more surprised if they went down then all the sides mentioned above but not impossible or Leicester winning the PL kind of shocking

grecian

Still think Liverpool are huge faves, Chelsea-Arsenal-Manu not up to it, Spurs concede far too many and Citeh are a pale shadow, Everton, pretty much showing they aren't up to it either.

Just who are good enough to finish above Liverpool? They are still going to score tons of goals and Jota is a good signing.

Niall

International Coach
City and Liverpool the 2 best sides for now, Arsenal showing promising signs, but not their just yet.

Spurs are Spurs. Chelsea not their either.

Everton will do well to finish top 6, very little bench quality as today has shown.

Utd despite a ***y result v PSG have the worst manager of the elite sides so top 4 is a their ceiling,,,Leicester to reliant on Vardy.

Out of the big two, probably lean towards Pool, but without VVD it could be a really tight race.

It won't be like a few years ago where both beat everyone though, expect both to drop some "wtf "performances.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn’t rule them out but City don’t look like title winners at all so far. Other than Liverpool Spurs look most like they have it in them imo.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Liverpool to win it, but with a run of the mill 85-90 point season, Arsenal and Leeds to break into the top 6.

grecian

I can't contemplate Spurs winning and Mourinhos smugness if it happens, so it probably will happen. Still think defensively they're all over the place, but what a forward line.

grecian

Why's the Fa Cup draw not in it's exalted place the One Show.

Gawd this Chorley chairman is right out of Central casting, Andy Capp.