• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can anyone explain why football still indulges this **** where players get up in officials’ faces? **** it’s woeful. Why haven’t they just made it an automatic red? It would stop within a week

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can anyone explain why football still indulges this **** where players get up in officials’ faces? **** it’s woeful. Why haven’t they just made it an automatic red? It would stop within a week
Because officials do **** like not send off thugs for on-pitch assault

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pollard did that in the IPL this past weekend.. :laugh:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We have a 15 year old 'keeper on the bench, kinda hope he won't be making history tonight as it'll no doubt mean something wrong with Ward, or sent off.

On the other end of the 'keeping strata, Chelsea have named Petr Cech in their Premier squad.

Last edited:

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Petr Cech included in Chelsea's PL squad. Bet that'll do Kepa's confidence a world of good.
Had initially thought a loan move might help both parties but probably better he just leaves permanently - his save percentage for us is woeful - 54.5% last year but clearly he's talented - you don't pay that much for a keeper if you don't believe in him and his save percentage in qualifying for the 2021 Euros was 83.3% and he's often playing ahead of De Gea so its clear he's rated by the Spanish team. Will be tough finding a club that will match his likely valuation but a move to another club and a fresh start and I'm sure he can still have a solid career - at this point its probably only harming everyone playing him as he'll know fans will be unhappy seeing him on team sheet - if fans are back before the end of the season, the tension would only increase and it could end in an ugly way possibly. Probably best that Caballero is the backup for Mendy in the short term at least

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Had initially thought a loan move might help both parties but probably better he just leaves permanently - his save percentage for us is woeful - 54.5% last year but clearly he's talented - you don't pay that much for a keeper if you don't believe in him and his save percentage in qualifying for the 2021 Euros was 83.3% and he's often playing ahead of De Gea so its clear he's rated by the Spanish team. Will be tough finding a club that will match his likely valuation but a move to another club and a fresh start and I'm sure he can still have a solid career - at this point its probably only harming everyone playing him as he'll know fans will be unhappy seeing him on team sheet - if fans are back before the end of the season, the tension would only increase and it could end in an ugly way possibly. Probably best that Caballero is the backup for Mendy in the short term at least
I'm not sure it's actually that clear at all tbh

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's ****e without fans isn't it? Just turgid and soulless

Like, in the moment I've enjoyed our win, the last minute equaliser at Salford saw some #LivingRoomLimbs and I despaired come 16.50 Saturday as we completed an insipid surrender. And then on each occasion I went about my life because it's not real and it doesn't mean what it usually does.

We're at home tomorrow night, I'll be sat in the living room at 7pm full of anticipation, then at 9 I'll watch another episode of The Wire and forget about it whereas this time last year, I'd spend the immediate aftermath reliving the glory, checking out fan vids on twitter, etc etc or I'd throw myself under the covers and try and forget about it. No need to try, now.

Probably better for my mental health itbt, but it's a load of ****e.
Watching The Wire, having a glass of red and forgetting about 7-9pm. It's not real

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rashford MBE.

Gawd PSG were absolutely shocking though. Hard to believe a team can be quite that slack in the CL.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I'm not sure it's actually that clear at all tbh
Even his first year in England he had a decent season, didn't come off well in the Carabao Cup episode but in terms of on-pitch performances, I thought he was decent. Many other Chelsea fans were happy with him too.

His save % which is often used against him in recent times is very impressive in Euro Qualifiers for Spain (I don't have his keeping stats for friendlies) - impressive to the extent that no keeper who played more than 1 game last season in the PL had a better save ratio then Kepa did for Spain. Didn't see much of him playing for Bilbao but the club thought he was worth going all-in for and someone leaving home club at 23, going abroad for first time and having an assured first season all whilst being able to get into the Spain team convinces me he has the talent all this whilst having the burden of being the most expensive goalkeeper. Also worth mentioning he was linked with Real Madrid only months before joining Chelsea in January 2018.

At this point you have almost every fan in England disregarding his ability and he's under pressure from minute 1 - some of his mistakes have been dreadful but there are some where I do feel as if, if you put Alisson or Ederson there and they didn't save it - it would be a simple case of keeper shouldn't have done better rather then social media going into frenzy and football programmes adding to that as they criticise every mistake that bit more because its Kepa.

But him being in the squad (whether the XI or bench) whilst everyone in England ridicules him and hopes he doesn't play isn't an environment any footballer would want to be in - I'm convinced as long as he isn't stuck on the bench for Chelsea until his 30s he will still go on to have a good career. Probably made a big mistake signing such a long contract in retrospect still nearly five years left on it - in an ideal scenario (trying to put myself in his perspective) he'd have signed a five year deal, put in good performances for Spain, play in the 2022 World Cup and if he played well he'd be right in the shop window with him due to be a free agent only 6 months later.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I mean sure I still enjoy watching football on TV but it is a whole different thing.
To me it feels like watching a spin-off of a show you normally quite enjoy or are quite attached to. I.e. like the real thing, but most definitely not the real thing and missing many important components that made the real thing what it was.

Though it helps if you watch with the sound off I find.