• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One year ago today we beat Macclesfield 3-0 in our 37th, and what turned out to be final, game of the 2019/20 season.
Awarded promotion on PPG a few months later and now mid table in League One. For that incarnation of Macclesfield it was their last ever match. They’ll be restarting somewhere down the pyramid next season.
Oh man this means it is a year since I went to Griffin Park for the last time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I went to three games in December. This day last year was the last time I went in a proper crowd though. We beat Accrington 2-1 away. Never seen so many people washing their hands at a football match as I did at half time. Couldn't go to Blackpool the following Tuesday as I wasn't really up to midweek aways at that point and to my great annoyance it wasn't shown on ifollow in the UK either - not sure why. But I remember that night thinking, there is no way we go down now.

Not sure I'll ever stop being bitter about it tbh.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oh man this means it is a year since I went to Griffin Park for the last time.
March 12th would have been the last time I was at Ibrox I think?

It was surreal because it was just as COVID started becoming really serious and I just remember thinking there was no point in being at the game as the 2nd leg was never going to be going ahead.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Congratulations to Rangers. Celtic have obviously declined alarmingly, but the Rangers points total renders that irrelevant. Stevie G has proved he’s ready when Klopp leaves Liverpool.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
March 12th would have been the last time I was at Ibrox I think?

It was surreal because it was just as COVID started becoming really serious and I just remember thinking there was no point in being at the game as the 2nd leg was never going to be going ahead.
Yeah was that week when Arteta got it wasn't it?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah was that week when Arteta got it wasn't it?
Yeah, we were due to play Celtic on the 15th, which would have been a Sunday.

Champions League games were played on the Tuesday and Wednesday (that was the week Liverpool had a full house against Atletico Madrid), we played the Europa League 1st leg on the Thursday against Leverkusen (it was already announced the 2nd leg would have been behind closed doors and it seemed doubtful it would be going ahead, the first leg was touch and go, there were rumours on the day it would be called off) then Arteta's positive test was announced on the Friday and the Premier League called off the weekend card, the Football League and SPFL quickly followed suit.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Needed those points. Frustrating to be out of the CL because as hopeless as we are at breaking down weaker sides we can give anyone a game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats Furball. The fact that one Old Firm team has to lose out to their hated rivals every year is the best thing about Scottish football.