• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Former brief Blackburn Rovers loan spell player Anthony Modeste for Koln. Lukas Podolski is the best player Koln have had in modern times. They used to have the infamous Toni Schumacher in goal and Littbarski who was in the 1990 WC winning team and Thomas Hassler who was in the 1990 WC and 1996 EC teams.

Former Rangers player Jorg Albertz played over 100 games for Duesseldorf and they lost the 1979 European Cup Winner's Cup final to Barcelona (their first European trophy).
Interesting contrast there possibly my fave german player and my least fave, loved watching Littbarski old school winger. Don't think I need to explain why that goalie was hated by me and any decent human beings.

Matteh

18:44 - Cologne 0-2 Fortuna Dusseldorf

Five minutes away from a big win and both sides have pretty much shaken hands on it.
Lines from terrible commentary - Score is now 2-2

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
At this moment 24 years ago today I was on my way to see the Greens in their first ever trip to Wembley. Division 4 Play-Off Final. Promotion to start a new era of progression under Warnock. He was gone a year later and we've been up and down the divisions including a few good years in the Championship. Currently about to probably get the flattest promotion in the history of the universe from Division 4 (League 2). I know no one is interested in any of this, but I don't care.

Pothas

As it happens at this moment 23 years ago I was about to make my only trip to the old Wembley. Brentford lost 1-0 to Crewe in the Division Two (League One) play-off final. Wikipedia tells me that Danny Murphy was man of the match. Bees have still never managed to win a play-off final.

Pothas

Today was also supposed to be the Championship play-off final this year, a very good chance we would have been there. Probably losing 1-0 to Nottingham Forest or something.

Last edited:

grecian

At this moment 24 years ago today I was on my way to see the Greens in their first ever trip to Wembley. Division 4 Play-Off Final. Promotion to start a new era of progression under Warnock. He was gone a year later and we've been up and down the divisions including a few good years in the Championship. Currently about to probably get the flattest promotion in the history of the universe from Division 4 (League 2). I know no one is interested in any of this, but I don't care.
Let's face it all your promotions have the vague tint of pointlessness and evil, so are intrinsically flat, the fact you celebrate that Colin was your manager proves this beyond a shadow of any doubt.

grecian

Gotta say, possibly an exagerration, but been my fear for awhile, can't carry on with this paralysis.

Though the only solution he himself comes up with is cutting players wages, because well he would.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Anyone here fancy a draft? The discussions a couple of pages back got me thinking we could do one where we have to pick player from a World Cup or Euros that they've played in, and they're rated based on their performances that tournament. I.e. you could pick Mbappé 2018 or Zidane 06 etc. Could limit it to only using each tournament once but it depends what people think. Might also be a good idea to set a date for how far back we can go, as I don't imagine many of us here have actually watched any full matches of Brazil 1950 etc.

I'm pretty sure I probably have the fewest tournaments that I was both old enough for and paid attention to of everyone here so I'd probably build a rubbish team. But figure it could be good fun and keep pushing the nostalgia discussions.

grecian

Dortmund are kinda annoying me here, yes we know they play lovely football, but with Haaland in the middle on occasion the Lower League part of me just want to shout get it in the mixer.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought their interplay broke down after the first half-hour or so. Seemed to lack a bit of collective confidence or something, they weren’t making the risky runs or passes they needed to. Brandt was especially unimpressive.

Alphonso Davies is crazy good. Might already be the world’s best LB.

Pothas

Anyone here fancy a draft? The discussions a couple of pages back got me thinking we could do one where we have to pick player from a World Cup or Euros that they've played in, and they're rated based on their performances that tournament. I.e. you could pick Mbappé 2018 or Zidane 06 etc. Could limit it to only using each tournament once but it depends what people think. Might also be a good idea to set a date for how far back we can go, as I don't imagine many of us here have actually watched any full matches of Brazil 1950 etc.

I'm pretty sure I probably have the fewest tournaments that I was both old enough for and paid attention to of everyone here so I'd probably build a rubbish team. But figure it could be good fun and keep pushing the nostalgia discussions.
Would be up for this if anyone else is interested.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I thought their interplay broke down after the first half-hour or so. Seemed to lack a bit of collective confidence or something, they weren’t making the risky runs or passes they needed to. Brandt was especially unimpressive.

Alphonso Davies is crazy good. Might already be the world’s best LB.
It's a bit cliche but they lack a bit of the Klopp mentality these days. Though I'm prepared to let them off today given they had no fans, key players injured/not fit yet, and were playing their third game in 10 days after a two month break