• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha Souness is just dour.

Still occasionally amusing though

Keane's hyperbole is just short of it becoming a parody of himself. It's the way he looks at the other panelists and host like he wants to kill them whenever they dare to laugh a little that makes his contributions especially enjoyable. He'll say something that is harsh, but delivered in an almost staccato way that would seem like a joke if it was said by anyone else. It makes the others laugh nervously as if he is trying to throw in a bit of humour, and then they realise the error of their ways when they realise he was deadly serious.
He's not deadly serious, he's just committed to not breaking kayfabe.

andmark

International Captain
Keane can be ok tbf. The Neville interview he did in Ireland a few weeks ago which was over 2 hours long was pretty entertaining. He was genuinely warm and amusing and the punters loved it....

However yep their is a but,,,some pretty crappy comments aimed at Walters a reminder why he should never be allowed near management ever again.
Yeah, that was an entertaining show thing. A lot of the audience felt like suck-ups though :kwasny:

andmark

International Captain
I'm not sure either Arsenal or Liverpool will be happy with that draw. Obviously both being amongst the best sides in the tournament (and indeed the country) doesn't help, but there could be extra imperative to play more first teamers than otherwise because of the risk of the opposition doing so.

Niall

International Coach
You can see why Rochdale are struggling this year when they can't even beat that shower of ****e tonight.

Probably should praise the agent of Pereira, how he got the Brazilian Cleverly a juicy contract is a mystery. A nothing player personified.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not sure either Arsenal or Liverpool will be happy with that draw. Obviously both being amongst the best sides in the tournament (and indeed the country) doesn't help, but there could be extra imperative to play more first teamers than otherwise because of the risk of the opposition doing so.
I doubt either side cares much quite honestly

Niall

International Coach
Nothing in it but LOL at anyone who thinks Wenger would not be a million levels above Ole as coach. The taunt "he won't win anything" would cut deeper if you ignore how little United have won since Fergie left.

be a superb short term manager at least.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wenger would be a massive upgrade on Ole, but he's not a long term solution, not least because of his age. Not a bad shout if they want someone to restore to Utd to a "on the brink of becoming challengers" again sort of level with a view to handing over to someone who can really take them forward from there though.

Uppercut

Dunno. Ole's squad building and team selection are OK, but it's already clear that he can't coach combination play and is unlikely to dramatically improve our young players. Wenger can coach combination play, but by the end of his time at Arsenal their young players were stalling really badly. He also made far more baffling decisions than Ole does.

I guess we'd be about the same quality but slightly more fun? When Arsenal lost Wenger they stayed about the same quality but became slightly less fun.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wish I'd posted this when I originally thought it last week - is it just me or does Pochettino now carry the air of someone who maybe regrets not leaving Spurs in the summer?

Part of what Ferguson such a great manager was being able to rebuild constantly, it definitely feels like Spurs have reached the end of a cycle. They were quietly ****ing shocking at times last season.

vcs

Not sure why Wenger would want to take on what is clearly an incredibly difficult job at his age. It would have to be a root and branch overhaul.

vcs

What happens to goalkeepers when they face Liverpool? So many blunders that they've profited from in recent times.