• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't actually remember Barcelona creating a meaningful chance in the last 15-20 minutes or so, which is pretty terrible going.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
CL final will be interesting, as Liverpool will be 3 weeks without a game by the time it comes around.

Spurs will be in the same boat should they make it, whereas Ajax will finish domestically on the 15th.

Reckon the 3 week break we had in 2016 between the end of the league season and the Scottish Cup final was definitely a negative. Curious as to what the players involved would prefer.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CL final will be interesting, as Liverpool will be 3 weeks without a game by the time it comes around.

Spurs will be in the same boat should they make it, whereas Ajax will finish domestically on the 15th.

Reckon the 3 week break we had in 2016 between the end of the league season and the Scottish Cup final was definitely a negative. Curious as to what the players involved would prefer.
Yeah can go either way really. All else equal it tends to favour older players who are usually carrying long-term injuries and need a lot more recovery time. I think Madrid benefitted from that last year.

I don’t really like missing weeks at the start of the season but by this time of year your body appreciates it.

flibbertyjibber

Didn't expect that, fair play. Only saw the last 20 minutes so can't really comment but Barcelona looked gone in what I saw, totally shellshocked and the only doubt was if Liverpool ran out of steam. Some comeback which not many will have had a bet on.

flibbertyjibber

Play offs are stupid too, season ends get a few days off then 2 games in 3 or 4 days depending on tv and then nearly 2 weeks till the final.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

Does seem odd that the Nations League finals follow straight on in the week after (plus presumably a round or 2 of internationals) - why is it such a late final?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Does seem odd that the Nations League finals follow straight on in the week after (plus presumably a round or 2 of internationals) - why is it such a late final?
it usually is this late in non-international years, the PL ends early for no particular reason

(also the nations league play-offs and Euro qualifiers fills the spot that was earlier end-of-season friendlies)

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's the English season which is finishing early - most of the major leagues still have a couple of rounds to go.

andmark

International Captain
I get that these fixtures are timed many months in advance, but if Ajax win tonight, I could understand the Netherlands feeling a bit aggrieved because a significant number of their squad would be going through the physical and mental exhaustion of a CL final just five days before they face England. That both of them are UEFA tournaments as well wouldn't ease their frustration either.

Edit: That said, I could imagine England feeling the same if Spurs win (in the process making it an all-England final as well).

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
One of those World Cup players that England now seem to have so many better options than.
Yeah, I could name three better options than Trippier without even trying too hard. Who else did you have in mind? Dier, I suppose.

Last edited: