• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who are you trying to convince here Clappers? No shame in fretting, that's the best part.
Haha whilst true, i'm genuinely not this time around (as opposed to 13/14), which admittedly even I'm surprised by. Not to say that won't change as the season end gets closer though.

andmark

International Captain
Haha whilst true, i'm genuinely not this time around (as opposed to 13/14), which admittedly even I'm surprised by. Not to say that won't change as the season end gets closer though.
I'd enjoy it if I'd actually seen Liverpool win the league. If Liverpool win it this season or in the near-ish future, then afterwards I'd enjoy it. Christ, that's just reminded me, I was watching a fan channel live video. They took a question from someone born in 2004 (feel old?). Imagine being a Liverpool fan not old enough to remember 2005.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s not a title race if it’s not consuming every fibre of you.

The ultimately unsuccessful pursuit of Lincoln in 2017 took up all my brainspace every second of every day. Last year to a lesser extent as it was always an outside bet.

It’s incomprehensible unless you’re in the moment but really is sport at its finest

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Decent season this. Title race looks like it will go deep and Brighton have suddenly entered the relegation battle.
I'd say Everton have too looking at their upcoming fixtures. Next 4 at home are Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd and got loads of sides below them away Cardiff, Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham.

Uppercut

Everton are 9th with 33 points, would probably need to lose about 7 of those 8 games to be in any trouble.

flibbertyjibber

Everton are 9th with 33 points, would probably need to lose about 7 of those 8 games to be in any trouble.
Way they are playing they probably will lose them. can't see them getting anything from the home games (might fluke a draw against Arsenal) and they are terrible away.

Uppercut

I haven’t seen a huge amount of Everton lately but they weren’t anywhere close to 8-losses-in-a-row-bad against City.

Though it makes more sense to me than Puel being under pressure, every time I see Leicester they look great.

flibbertyjibber

I think with Everton it is the fact they have spunked about £300m in a few years and look no better than they did before the spending spree. Add in the fact that they are dreadful at the back from set pieces and teams like Cardiff and Newcastle who they are playing soon will exploit that. Match of the Day did a thing on them after the Wolves defeat I think where it had Silva sides as the worst at conceding from set pieces in each of the last 3 seasons.

Uppercut

Yeah their hopelessness over transfers has set them back years. So much dross that needs cleared out.

They’re 9th with 11 games left though, from there you almost have to try to get relegated to go down.