• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nah **** that. The idea of Liverpool choking when they had it won, after years of saying they'd win it would be perfect.
Manchester City would have been comfortably ahead if they hadn’t lost those games. So they bottled it.

Liverpool would have been comfortably ahead if they hadn’t had a few draws. So they bottled it.

It’s just a media driven narrative. There has to be a “bottler”. The reality is that there are ebbs and flows during a season and Liverpool are experiencing an almost inevitable dip because their previous points per match was basically unsustainable.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it’s not really fair to talk about them bottling it. I prefer the term ‘letting it slip’.

Uppercut

He’s a pretty poor keeper. If Sarri decided to make an example of him it wouldn’t cost him a lot of quality on the pitch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He’s a pretty poor keeper. If Sarri decided to make an example of him it wouldn’t cost him a lot of quality on the pitch.
Haha, funnily enough I was just wondering if it was just me who thought that actually this bloke wasn't much chop.

Uppercut

Haha, funnily enough I was just wondering if it was just me who thought that actually this bloke wasn't much chop.
Yeah it took me a while because it's not like he makes many absolute howlers, but there's hell of a lot of "maybe could've done better with that" moments and not many great saves.

andmark

International Captain
This is a very bad look for Scottish football. On the plus side, can you see this development helping Rangers, Furball?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah it took me a while because it's not like he makes many absolute howlers, but there's hell of a lot of "maybe could've done better with that" moments and not many great saves.
Haha I have been thinking the same for a while. but I wondered if it might have been a case of (sort of) confirmation bias on the basis that he's never been very good on Football Manager.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is a very bad look for Scottish football. On the plus side, can you see this development helping Rangers, Furball?
It'll be neutral. Rodgers record in the transfer market is atrocious and his team needed a refresh. I'm worried they'll sign someone who can actually spot a player.

Uppercut

Leicester’s a much better job. Lots of potential in that squad and a good recruitment staff to work with.

Celtic were a smart career move but at this point they have no upside.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Leicester’s a much better job. Lots of potential in that squad and a good recruitment staff to work with.

Celtic were a smart career move but at this point they have no upside.
The state of some of the Scottish callers on 5Live earlier, some of whom found it literally inconceivable that anyone would want to leave Celtic for Leicester.

"The Scottish league is a huge league. We have massive games up here...like Hearts v Hibs".

I mean, come on. Talk about delusional.

andmark

International Captain
A line I always like is "if Celtic had Premier League money, they'd be massive", ignoring that many other Scottish clubs could say "if we had Celtic's money..."