• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

andmark

International Captain
Sledger's point about who pays/doesn't pay what concerning Emiliano Sala is coming into greater light now that Nantes are asking for money from Cardiff. If it goes to court, it'd make an interesting case.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sledger's point about who pays/doesn't pay what concerning Emiliano Sala is coming into greater light now that Nantes are asking for money from Cardiff. If it goes to court, it'd make an interesting case.
Being a bit cold and detached about it, I don't see why Nantes shouldn't be paid. It's not their fault he didn't show up for work at Cardiff.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
From my limited understanding of contract/commercial law, Cardiff are obliged to pay the money. So I hope for their sake they are insured.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep that is him, was a fan hero from the very first time he came on loan. He has actually had a tough time over the last year or so, looked like was starting to stall a bit but last few weeks he has been great (like pretty much everyone else.) Had our now traditional awful run which means we will end up mid-table again but playing such good football again now.

Benrhama is the one though, the guy is amazing, might even be a better find than Maupay.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good for you. I'm guessing you've never got a sports prediction wrong in your life. Or maybe we should qualify every silly statement we make with "of course, anything could happen..." blah blah blah to keep you happy.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry for the grumpiness. Had just got out of a stupid early morning office call.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Good for you. I'm guessing you've never got a sports prediction wrong in your life. Or maybe we should qualify every silly statement we make with "of course, anything could happen..." blah blah blah to keep you happy.
I once famously said Michael Clarke would never average over 40 in test cricket. But I'm also willing to own my stupidity, unlike, say, you in this post.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbf to vcs he's not as bad as Roseboy was in this regard

Edit: though admittedly that is damning with very faint praise.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How good is this? Where all my Liverpool lovin' mates at?
Here, not fretting, because this team is great and still in control (albeit slightly less so than previous)

I'll be concerned if/when we're on equal points and games played again.

United not being complete basket cases anymore is concerning as it's the game i'm most worried about for the run in.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Decent season this. Title race looks like it will go deep and Brighton have suddenly entered the relegation battle.