• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to see Liverpool win because it's the outcome which would make the most number of people really annoyed.
There are probably more Liverpool supporters over here than any other club except United, with whom they're probably on par. certainly from my generation, Liverpool is the most widely supported club due to their success in the 80s and, I suppose, their supporters love of pumping long balls through all day which is the style back then.

Them losing would piss off a great number of people over here tbh.

OverratedSanity

There are probably more Liverpool supporters over here than any other club except United, with whom they're probably on par. certainly from my generation, Liverpool is the most widely supported club due to their success in the 80s and, I suppose, their supporters love of pumping long balls through all day which is the style back then.
They're also easily the most hated club by non supporters arent they? City/Chelsea/Utd winning anything is met by apathy by others at this point, while Liverpool winning it would be difficult to stomach for a ton of people.

Another slip-up would of course be hilarious as well.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
What's the deal with Chelsea's obsession with washed-up strikers? Higuain following in the grand tradition of Shevchenko and Torres.
Not to mention Eto'o and Falcao. Even Pato counts as a once highly rated striker who was pretty much a comedic figure by the time he arrived at Chelsea.

Liverpool winning the league wouldn't bother me as much as it would've five years ago. Klopp really deserves it and their team is (a little bit) more likeable on an individual player basis now I think. Either that or I've just come to terms with the fact it's very possible as this season has gone on and accepted it, whereas them suddenly being genuine contenders in March/April was a shock in 2014.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They're also easily the most hated club by non supporters arent they? City/Chelsea/Utd winning anything is met by apathy by others at this point, while Liverpool winning it would be difficult to stomach for a ton of people.

Another slip-up would of course be hilarious as well.
I really wouldn't have said so tbh, not around here anyway.

Man Utd definitely not as hated as they once were, and the same can probably be said of Chelsea to some extent, but by and large I think they still tend to be the de facto "go to" most hated team for most people. Tottenham tend to get quite a bit of hate as well.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, I think there's an understated but existent distaste for Spurs. I can only think it's the diving, lenient media treatment and over-bearing fans which has caused it.

Uppercut

Yeah, I think there's an understated but existent distaste for Spurs. I can only think it's the diving, lenient media treatment and over-bearing fans which has caused it.
They’re pretty comfortably the least hated of the top six, Arsenal fans aside. Still hated a lot though. Plenty of hate to go around in football.

Their fans are ****, but not in a way that makes me particularly want them to lose. I just think they’re absolutely terrible at supporting their team.

andmark

International Captain
They’re pretty comfortably the least hated of the top six, Arsenal fans aside. Still hated a lot though. Plenty of hate to go around in football.

Their fans are ****, but not in a way that makes me particularly want them to lose. I just think they’re absolutely terrible at supporting their team.
Yeah, I don't really mind Spurs (or any football team which play an entertaining style)- the reasons were for devil's advocate sake of explaining why anyone other than Arsenal fans would dislike them.

Uppercut

Marco Silva is a bit of a myth is he not?
He’s alright. Everton are recovering from a few seasons of shocking squad management. Stuck with loads of average, ageing players on high wages. You don’t look at their players and think they should be higher in the league the way you would have when Martinez was in charge.

cpr

International Coach

Wait, you're a Liverpool fan, right?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

When they visited PP recently I found the bulk of their fans good value. A few burst out the old ‘you’ll never get a job’ dirge but on the whole they got behind their team (and all in all were fairly respectful).

General rule of thumb in footy is away support is a completely different animal to home support for pretty much all clubs mind.

andmark

International Captain
Wait, you're a Liverpool fan, right?
Haha, yes. Still though, it was only devil's advocate stuff. I don't dislike Spurs personally as I try to be a fan of the sport rather than a team, meaning I CBA hating any team unless they make the sport less enjoyable. For this reason, Bournemouth and Ajax are gods.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tottenham are helped by the fact they're the clear underdogs of the big six when it comes to history and financial power. But their team isn't particularly likeable IMO. A lot of successful use of the dark arts and their overall play style isn't particularly pleasing on the eye (at least in my opinion). I love Pochettino though and Son is easily one of the most likeable players in the league.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought Spurs were incredible to watch - but the obvious disclaimer is it being relative to the standard I usually go and watch

Uppercut

Nice to get a win like that against a really tough team. Tactically so so much better under Solskjaer but we still look so dodgy from set pieces and a bit wasteful on the counter.