• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So yet again United fail to see out a game and concede with a goal from a defensive error. The general improvement in team defending and shape doesn't show when mistakes are happening like this. JM is going to have to realize the team can't see out a 1 goal lead. They need to actually park the bus or actually chase goals. I feel like they do neither.

Interesting that the team looked better during the week against PL opposition but again didn't show it in the league. Says a lot about the Hammers I suspect.

Jones is starting to look better at the back but being glass man it can't last.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can you imagine Wenger or Mourinho giving the opposition any credit if that had happened to them?

You can't help but like Klopp more and more as time goes by, apart from that stupid advert.

vcs

Mourinho just seems clinically depressed these days. Always been a **** but now he has nothing to back up his arrogance apart from "I won the title in every country, I won the title 18 months ago, Wenger hasn't won it in 18 years, blah, blah, blah". Yeah mate, you're irrelevant now.

Uppercut

Just finally caught the Bournemouth highlights. I think Karius got too much criticism. The Fraser goal is only being stopped by the very, very top level of keepers and the Ake one is from a really tough shot to hold on to. But then he's been getting away with quite a few bloopers this season and looks seriously dodgy in general, so I guess it balances out.

United were pretty poor yesterday, definitely didn't deserve more than a point. Everton loosened up so much at the start of the second half, but we hardly created anything with all of the space they were offering. Sitting back once it got to 15 minutes left was fair enough, but we weren't controlling the pace of the game with the ball. We needed to be forcing Everton back by pretending to counter, then knocking it about, but we kept giving it away far too easily. We got it into our heads that an acceptable use of the ball was passing it to De Gea or the CBs and letting them hoof it. And you could totally see the Fellaini brainfart coming from the moment he started warming up.

vcs

I don't think it even matters at this stage. We've had the rough draws, but we also jizzed up relative gimmes against PSV and Monaco too.
Also a past-it AC Milan, who even Tottenham beat once around the same stage!

Uppercut

The AC Milan loss was fairly unlucky too. IIRC they scored with every shot in their home leg.

Those losses did still fit patterns of failure though, bad game management and playing much better once the game was out of reach.