• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surely there won't be points penalties ... will there?
Speaks the suddenly hopeful Terriers fan... :laugh:

HMRC has put clubs in receivership for non-payment of taxes before (IIRC it was them that put the final nail in yer Quakers' coffin), but this looks more like a not wanting to pay dealy rather than a can't pay.

Manure and Liverpuddle.
Yer Irons and yer Geordies must be up there in the "owned by moist and gaping ******s" front. The Glazers seem faintly dodgy, but Fenway seem fairly decent as owners go. Definitely a step up from the Hicks/Gillette era.

Actually have a soft spot for West Ham as a team tho (the academy, isn't it?); Newcastle, not so much.

EDIT: the medical term for female genitalia is filtered now then, huh? Is "snatch" ok still?

2nd EDIT: Apparently so. "Snatch" it is then...

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Can the whole of our boardroom just **** off already. I love how most of our fans, just because we've been doing somewhat well, conveniently forget that we're run by a pile of steaming excrement in a vaguely human shape.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

WOB, Randesund division

(photo apparently from a Norwegian Cup match...gw lads, I guess even petrostate kids can't afford a helicopter)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thought it was a reasonable performance on the whole, from both sides actually, but the goal was mighty fortuitous.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Koscielny probably out of the game against Spurs at the weekend. Bad.

Debuchy to rise from the dead to play in the new amazing back 3?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Absolutely brilliant ****housary from Alexis in stoppage time last night. What the game is all about. Give him the £300k a week.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought it was a reasonable performance on the whole, from both sides actually, but the goal was mighty fortuitous.
Haha I thought Arsenal were absolutely terrible and Leicester were barely even trying. Shocking against Boro too. They're games that any team hoping to stay up would be targeting, something is badly wrong if a top-four contender needs that amount of luck to win them.

The results seem to have convinced Wenger that a back 3 is a good idea though, which might benefit United since we have to go to the Emirates in a few weeks.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha tbf I only really had half an eye on it, but I thought they did ok. Nothing remarkable, and a bit rough around the edges, but certainly not terrible. Struggled to break down Leicester for sure, but that's basically just a standard Arsenal trope these days.

Uppercut

Haha tbf I only really had half an eye on it, but I thought they did ok. Nothing remarkable, and a bit rough around the edges, but certainly not terrible. Struggled to break down Leicester for sure, but that's basically just a standard Arsenal trope these days.
Oh yeah? When did that start? I hadn't watched many of their games until recently but breaking down **** teams is a traditional strength.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh yeah? When did that start? I hadn't watched many of their games until recently but breaking down **** teams is a traditional strength.
Haha in my mind it's been a thing for nearly 20 years. Wenger has moaned about oppo parking the bus and Arsenal being unable to deal with it since at least 2002.

Uppercut

Haha in my mind it's been a thing for nearly 20 years. Wenger has moaned about oppo parking the bus and Arsenal being unable to deal with it since at least 2002.
Yeah, it probably just feels that way. Scoring against teams that park the bus is hard for everybody. But Arsenal have been excellent at it pretty much since Wenger arrived. It's how they keep finishing so high up the table with a comically dire record in big games.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Özil's not had a good season and Alexis has tailed off quite a lot from playing like Messi up until January, which are both problems. It's still baffling though. We didn't have big name players in 12/13 either but it was never this bad. Thought the three at the back shape actually worked alright in this game but playing genuine fullbacks as the wingbacks and Coquelin as one of the midfield two meant there just weren't that many good attacking players. Last two games are the best we've been defensively for a while though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Have a feeling Bale might come back to the Premier League this summer. Struggling to stay fit and Madrid have a ton of unbelievable young squad players who produce the goods every time they're on the field. It's the least he and Ronaldo have contributed in a league since they arrived and will probably be Madrid's first title since 2012, which is funny.