• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Think he will be able to make impact from next season fully. If he adopts his preferred formation 4-2-3-1 with high defensive line and goes for pressing football, it will take some time for Liverpool to get accustomed to I would imagine.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If only you had a £25m striker in reserve...
Crazy how a bloke can look brilliant at one club then moves to another and looks nothing like the same player. Bony was one bloke who I expected to do well for a top club but so far it hasn't happened. If he gets a month or so clear run in the side though he may find his form and look like the player he did at Swansea.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Has also been injured this season and horribly out of form. Other than him, can you name another striker on the books without googling?
It's OK, you just need to keep things together until January then go and blow another £25-£30m on another useless flop to join the long line of dud strikers.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Worst ever international break injury was RVP in 2009/10. Was on a great scoring streak then Chiellini snapped his ankle into a million pieces in a friendly and he was out for 5 months. We had to use Arshavin and Bedtner for most of the season. Returned as the best 9 in the world but it was too late :(

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Didn't they leave because they wanted first team football?
Dzeko most likely, but Negredo wanted to stay. Said as much in an interview not that long ago. Jovetic was pointless so I understand why they let him go. It's just silly that we had such good depth and variety at the position and just let it all go for no real reason.

Eds

International Debutant
I get that money isn't really an issue for City but it was when they sold Negredo. £27m, or whatever it was, for a 29-year old was a ridiculously good deal.