• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Loads of better strikers than Giroud though. You need someone to kick the ball into the goal, not someone who is "good at link up play and bringing others into the game". With Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez you have an immense 3 behind a striker dishing up chances on a platter. Someone like an Ian Wright would be perfect. Not very good, but can kick the ball in the net.
See if you're going to state there's 'loads' of better players, can you name they please?

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Seem to have missed my point there, Mr Ball. I didn't say better player, better striker. Finisher. Kick-the-ball-in-the-netter. Supporters defend their players, but Giroud is nothing. He is terrible.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Name them then, instead of being pedantic and moving away from the point.

Walcott's shotting is so underrated as well. I remember watching the players warm up before the Swansea game in May, and Walcott was firing every shot into the corner, and was evidently much better than Alexis, Özil and Ramsey. He misses a few one on ones (notice how he gets more 1 on 1 chances than anyone else though) and then people seem to forget all the times he's finished superbly.

Last edited:

dogwalker

U19 Captain
You want a list of better strikers than Giroud that Arsenal can realistically buy?

Kane
Benteke
Lewandowski

And two of those are not even very good, but better than Giroud.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You want a list of better strikers than Giroud that Arsenal can realistically buy?

Kane
Benteke
Lewandowski

And two of those are not even very good, but better than Giroud.
I forgot about Kane. I would happily have him lead the line for Arsenal, I think he's got a good all-round game as well. As duffer said, Tottenham would probably do anything to stop that happening though. Flat up disagree on Benteke. He gets most of his goals from crosses which isn't Arsenal's thing and even at Villa he's not been as prolific as Giroud at Arsenal. Lewandowski plays for one of the best three clubs in the world and is their only proper number nine. From what I gather it was pretty much his dream to play for them and he could have gone literally anywhere he wanted last summer and chose them, so I don't see why he'd suddenly come to Arsenal a year later.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
No one pays attention to the horrendous signings he oversees.

What are these amazing fees he's extorted anyway? 30 mill for Berbatov?

He did sell Madrid a dud in Bale, I'll give him that.

cpr

International Coach
I see all the Man Utd fans are doing the "I never liked her anyway" about di Maria.

And on other Manyoo related matters, why did the hierarchy there hire someone as bad as van Gaal? Why would you employ someone who needs everything to fit someone bull**** "philosophy"? Alienate good players, play turgid football, finish 4th because Liverpool have a clown managing them. What a manager.
Are they? Not heard a single one say that TBH. He's not enjoyed Manchester, and hasn't settled in the team, its just not worked. Getting £45m back for him is good business really. Whilst we'd like him to stay and flourish, lets be realistic now.

Whilst I'm not a huge Van Gaal fan, who else was better available last summer? To say he's bad though, well thats just as poor as the rest of your post really.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
ok, so hire a manager that requires every single thing to be tailored to his needs? This is a good manager? And then still doesn't deliver.

cpr

International Coach
ok, so hire a manager that requires every single thing to be tailored to his needs? This is a good manager? And then still doesn't deliver.

Ferguson wanted everything tailoring to his needs, and took 4 years to win anything. We did good eventually.

So what you are saying is instead of hiring a proven successful manager, get someone who can fit into our system already without making changes? Because Moyes says hi if so.

Do us a favour, go back to bed for an hour, your hangovers making you cranky and post **** today

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Seem to have missed my point there, Mr Ball. I didn't say better player, better striker. Finisher. Kick-the-ball-in-the-netter. Supporters defend their players, but Giroud is nothing. He is terrible.
Strikers who are good finishers but are crap at everything else don't belong at the top level.