• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Torres had clearly turned about 6-12 months before they sold him. People still believed in him at the time though.

Was such a perfect sale, shame they spent most of it on Andy Carroll. Should've just set the cash on fire really.
I'm sure there was a game at Anfield against Chelsea where he looked back to his best, would've been shortly before his move. Scored twice and absolutely destroyed Terry.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I love when players score two almost-identical amazing goals in one match. Makes it look like they can just do it whenever they like. Bale away to Inter comes to mind.
I vaguely remember Le Tissier doing that from time to time. Maybe against Blackburn in 1995? I think Blackburn went on to win 3-2 or 4-3, but Le Tissier repeatedly kept his side in the game with astonishing strikes.

cpr

International Coach
Think his epics against Blackburn were in separate matches... Or were they the ones against Newcastle..... God knows, every goal of his was amazing.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
England in the Semi-Finals of the Women's World Cup. Very surprising after the turgid first performance. It's still a fairly appalling spectacle, but doing well at any football World Cup is so rare that it has to be celebrated.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I enjoyed the England women's match, in fact I've quite enjoyed the tournament, Japan play really neat football though, hope we can bully them out of it.

cpr

International Coach
I've not watched any of it yet, only seen small clips on the BBC website, and it doesn't look that bad.

Saw USA v Canada at the Olympic Semi's a few years back, man that game was brutal....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've not managed to see much of it, but enjoyed watching Japan v Aus the other night. As Grecian said, very tidy football on display.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the last tournament Japan were far more watchable than everyone else. Haven't caught any of their games this time and the ones I have seen have been OK. Quite a high % of goals seem to be coming from horrendous mistakes.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The U.S. commentators worst 2 sayings are:

1.drive to the end line. (Byline)
2.shot on frame.

These are special US women commentators worse than the men. They also like to ignore fouls and dives and the abysmal refereeing standards.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I find it weird they've managed to sack him, having won the majority of their last 7 or 8 games, having failed to do so when Leicester were bottom of the league.