• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, ah, England are on again. I suppose I may as well finish watching now that I have stumbled across it.

Nice to see the new Duncan Edwards is still going strong.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Actually found some of the comments from Hoddle and Dixon there quite thought-provoking. I wonder when I last thought that about a piece of ITV punditry.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Talk of Chelsea signing Falcao. Would fit in very nicely with their long list of having strikers who are past their best but still command the wages of a world class player.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha it's a long list. Although I don't think you could call eto'o or drogba terrible deals, contributed a bit and great to have around. Shevchenko was the only time they got properly pranked.

cpr

International Coach
Dunno, Torres managed to pass his best somewhere on the M6 as he headed to his medical

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Quite an entertaining watch this turned out to be.
Shame I missed the second half. Watching the goals later, Wilshere seems to have been transformed into circa 1982 Socrates for his second strike. One of the more spectacular things you'll see from an English player, and maybe his brace were an encouraging sign of things to come.

Uppercut

Dunno, Torres managed to pass his best somewhere on the M6 as he headed to his medical
Clean forgot about him. He was even worse.

I think the 2010 World Cup was the moment he turned ****e- maybe he played when unfit. Liverpool timed that sale perfectly.

Uppercut

Shame I missed the second half. Watching the goals later, Wilshere seems to have been transformed into circa 1982 Socrates for his second strike. One of the more spectacular things you'll see from an English player, and maybe his brace were an encouraging sign of things to come.
I love when players score two almost-identical amazing goals in one match. Makes it look like they can just do it whenever they like. Bale away to Inter comes to mind.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I love when players score two almost-identical amazing goals in one match. Makes it look like they can just do it whenever they like. Bale away to Inter comes to mind.
Andy Robinson away to Carlisle clearly the better example ffs

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Torres had clearly turned about 6-12 months before they sold him. People still believed in him at the time though.

Was such a perfect sale, shame they spent most of it on Andy Carroll. Should've just set the cash on fire really.