• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Kroos is best as a 10, but he's not particularly glamorous in that role. Kroos should've been signed as back up to Di Maria and Modric in Real's 4-3-3 and James shouldn't have been signed at all

Alonso isn't the player he was but he's still a good holder for most average league sides. Not sure he should start against the likes of Dortmund and Leverkusen though.
Disagree. Kroos is a regista.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Any of our lower league visitors know whether their club is well accessible for wheelchair users? Asking for a friend (no rly)
What would you class as well accessible?

Only real problem at PP for wheelchair users is they aren't very well sheltered from the rain

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He played with Schweinsteiger as a 2 man midfield on the run to the 2012/13 Champions League final.
This is just wrong. Schweinsteiger played with Martinez and Kroos was 10. When Kroos got injured v Juventus Müller came central, Robben was brought back and Bayern got better.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is just wrong. Schweinsteiger played with Martinez and Kroos was 10. When Kroos got injured v Juventus Müller came central, Robben was brought back and Bayern got better.
Errr, no he didn't. It was Schweinsteiger and Martinez. Kroos barely played in fact in the whole run and when he did it was at 10.
I was going to argue with you both but then realised I put the wrong season. :D

I meant 2011/12, the season they lost to Chelsea.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
What would you class as well accessible?

Only real problem at PP for wheelchair users is they aren't very well sheltered from the rain
Good question actually. Oops.

I reckon it's being able to roll-in and roll-out, and having enough turning space when they're getting ready to leave. Maybe elevation is also an issue, watching from ground level isn't ideal.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I was going to argue with you both but then realised I put the wrong season. :D

I meant 2011/12, the season they lost to Chelsea.
Yeah, I actually suspected you might have :p

I think he can do it, but I think his best role is what he did in the world cup, where he was the most advanced of the midfield three. I wouldn't even say he's been bad as the deepest CM this season, I just don't think that's where they'll get the best out of him and I think Alonso could've done the job better.

Bayern paid over €40 million for Martinez in the 2012 summer, so they seemed to think along the same lines as me.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I reckon it's being able to roll-in and roll-out, and having enough turning space when they're getting ready to leave. Maybe elevation is also an issue, watching from ground level isn't ideal.
Just clarified. Seems the bloke is happy enough as long as standing (or rising) fans don't interfere with the view of the action. Also, not many spots could be a problem (thx Pothas) cos he's impulsive.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good question actually. Oops.

Ground level at PP but a good view. Meet all the other criteria.

Think it's free for either the wheelchair user or a helper (not sure on correct term?) but could be mistaken

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any of our lower league visitors know whether their club is well accessible for wheelchair users? Asking for a friend (no rly)
Pretty good at Exeter, for home fans anyway, ramps all around abouts, plus about three or four places you can go, if you phone you can probably get the Grandstand one where your carer will go free, but there's more casual ones around the big bank, right next to the main entrance. One in the Big bank is reasonably elevated.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Early days but the English teams could barely have been less impressive this round of fixtures. Citeh were probably the least bad but with Roma looking good they could have some trouble anyway.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I still have Chelsea as my favourites for the Champions League tbh. They probably underestimated Schalke, who are weird in that although they go through **** spells they have enough decent players to catch you out if you're not careful.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The bookies have them as 4th favourites. I'd maybe have them above Barca but not Madrid or Bayern. Atletico at 25/1 is the best value I reckon.

cpr

International Coach

Have a look at Level Playing Field | , will give you good run downs of each club in each division, including visiting supporter feedback.

Morecambe's comes out well, which is unsurprising for a ground thats only 3-4 years old. Its a bit exposed though from what I can remember seeing, but then all the plebs outside the directors box were facing the elements (which are bracing at best)...