• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Chris Dagnall, we sold him for a wispa and a packet of space raiders. You can take the boy out of Tranmere...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The man's a ****ing legend. Involved in every good moment we had during our successful run.

Have no idea how that will transmit as a manager though. Top man though.
Echo this. Absolute hero status at SJP for so many reasons, and I wish him all the best.

Not a great deal of evidence to suggest how he'll transfer over but he's been part of the Tisdale management team during the club's most successful era so I would expect a man with as much footballing nous as Sir Rob to pick up plenty, particularly in terms of bringing youth players through into a first team environment (which I imagine might be what you guys are relying on in the immediate future).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha yeah, I thought of him as soon as I saw the headline tbh.

I wonder why it's taken this long to reach this conclusion tbh. I mean, why now? Why not 5 years ago? I can't think of one season in that period, or going even further back, that Arsenal haven't had key/significant players out for prolonged periods of time.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Echo this. Absolute hero status at SJP for so many reasons, and I wish him all the best.

Not a great deal of evidence to suggest how he'll transfer over but he's been part of the Tisdale management team during the club's most successful era so I would expect a man with as much footballing nous as Sir Rob to pick up plenty, particularly in terms of bringing youth players through into a first team environment (which I imagine might be what you guys are relying on in the immediate future).
He's certainly saying all the right things, and the club are definitely placing a greater emphasis on youth. We released Robinson, Goodison (though our hand was forced a little there), sold Lowe, and have given new or extended deals to five youngsters so far. The only over 30 on our books at the moment if I'm not mistaken is Jason Koumas, and I'd be surprised if there was a League 2 club who would actively release him if they had the choice. While I'm sure we'll get some more experienced pros, the club is finally looking further ahead than November, building a 3 year plan based on promotion this season, and then again 2 years later. And clearly youth gives you a better base for planning than 27 loans per season.

I like the appointment prima facie. Feeling a lot better than this time last week.

Now someone start next season's thread.